Tragedy in my neck of the woods! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Tragedy in my neck of the woods!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Please read carefully!

This may have some insight on this tragedy? I was in the barber shop a few weeks back. I'm in the chair and an (obvious police officer walks in with an apparent additude?) Then walks in another (young new father looking type?) Now the conversation between the these two seems to be they know one another from years past. Young father" I want to get a pistol to protect my family and I'm not very firearm comforable with guns? WHAT DO you suggest?" Now the drill sergent spouted out "you have to buy a Glock" they are the greatest thing since sliced bread" The police officer knows a glock in side and out disassemble, shooting, control and all." BUT the guy he just give all this information too hasn't even held a pistol, much less a Glock. Bottom line I jumped in and Pissed the officer off and woke up the novice individual that didn't know any better and would have when out and grab the first Glock pistol for his protection piece( NOT Knowing anything about personal protection and or semi-automatic pistols and or what to do in a case of an emergency break in or worst.
I'm sorry but some individuals need to keep their mouth SHUT!!! And most of them are in law enforcement and lack of real life training. JMO

Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2947 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

There are way too many know it alls in the gun world. There are those that are LE or Military that think they are God's gift to firearms knowledge. Just because you carry a gun every day does not mean you have a clue what you are doing. I have met a good many so called instructors that have the same attitude. Common sense is uncommon even in LE.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball