Took little sister shooting

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Took little sister shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Took little sister shooting

I got to take my 14 year old sister out on her first shooting trip. We started off with a double nine (revolver) and then my GSG 1911 22, and ended with one of my 92fs. I think she had a good time. The only complaint she voiced to me was that we ran out of time and she didn't get to shoot my "sniper rifle", my henry lever 22 with a scope. Was hard not to laugh at that one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7650 Times on 4597 Posts
Likes Given: 9567

Sounds like a great time. Good for you for spending time with your sister and showing her shooting can be fun.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Sounds like a fun time was had and you may have gained a shooting partner for life.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #4

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Sounds like a nice "Sniper rifle" you got there. Seriously thought it does sound like you had fun.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9395 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

Good for you!

Last year, took one of my grandaughters shooting for first time- she lives out of state, and was visiting (actually, took a PASSLE of grandkids shooting that day)

She had a ball. Sends me emails asking if we can go again on her next visit.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Thanks. I can see the grand kids asking about going out next. I know when I am packing up to go home, I am already looking for my next trip to the range. We only had an hour at the range yesterday, so I was telling my sister that some days are better, that our brother and I spent most of the day out last July 4th. With that, she started asking if we could go out on the 4th. I did warn her that this is addictive!

She has a twin and some even younger brothers, and I think I will have to try and take them out as well.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've taken almost every family member I have shooting in the past few months, and its been awesome. nothing better than sharing a great sport with your family that everyone can enjoy.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James