Thought I would share - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Thought I would share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1426 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

I was part of a Marine rifle range contingent at Little Creek conducting M16 fam fire for Midshipmen bussed in from the USNA. Had to bust heavy on a few future ossifers but never caught anybody looking into the business end.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Thought I would share some past training too!

Rated "R" for salty training language.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #13

Lord have mercy, this youngin' is gonna be the death of me. So today, I was standing in front of a wall, talking to a petty officer 1st class. And new the trainee had a knife. Who ever gave it to him...well they'll get theirs. Anyways, I'm standing there talking, and I reckon the trainee was goofing off, or whatever. Next thing I know, I feel the breeze by ear. The moron threw the knife and it came so close to my head, if I had any hair there, it woulda been gone.

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #14

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Once these guys off themselves you'll be relieved of your problem.

They say death is the only sure cure for stupid.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

I'm very tempted to "accidentally" push him over the side...

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #17

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Dealing with Firearm Careless Folks

Chief, you did good ! I doubt that lad will ever forget the lesson. We in the USMC had a few "Gomers" that fouled up at the range...Me ? I wanted to be a sailor because my super great Step-Dad was around WWI time on a Destroyer.

Well the Navy took a good look at me and decided that I was mule headed enough to carry a pack and steel pot on my head and a 9 pound M1 rifle up and down the hills of Asia and put me in the Navy's Infantry, Pay was good enough for the women and song what liberty we got, no complaints.

Keep up the good work and , well, thanks for serving our Country !

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #18

Liked 220 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Knife? At sea? What the heck happened to regulations? I couldn't carry a "combat" or "throwing" knife on board ship! I had tools everywhere, but not something like that! Egads.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuate View Post
Chief, you did good ! I doubt that lad will ever forget the lesson. We in the USMC had a few "Gomers" that fouled up at the range...Me ? I wanted to be a sailor because my super great Step-Dad was around WWI time on a Destroyer.

Well the Navy took a good look at me and decided that I was mule headed enough to carry a pack and steel pot on my head and a 9 pound M1 rifle up and down the hills of Asia and put me in the Navy's Infantry, Pay was good enough for the women and song what liberty we got, no complaints.

Keep up the good work and , well, thanks for serving our Country !
Hahaha thanks...and if you must address me by rank, its Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Knife? At sea? What the heck happened to regulations? I couldn't carry a "combat" or "throwing" knife on board ship! I had tools everywhere, but not something like that! Egads.
Right now, they're on dry land. The Navy says they have to learn how to shoot, throw knives, and aim the guns on land first. The Navy also wants new sailors to at least be able to defend themselves and their ship. And thats because of the Gulf War, the 9/11 attacks, the rise in piracy, and because we're doing a lot more operations in the Middle East. If you ask me, however, no Sailor has ever needed training to defend their ship. For the six months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months ect that you're on that ship, its your home.

And trust me, if someone comes in/on your home and puts you in harm's way, puts your way of life in harm's way, I'll bet my bottom dollar you're gonna do whatever you can to defend it. Regardless of rules, regs, or training. I mean think about it. If someone comes in your home, you're gonna grab the shotgun, the pistol, the bow and arrow, something, anything, and you're gonna defend your home, am I right? Say yes.

Last edited by USNWO; 04-07-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #20

Default Forgot this...oopss

I forgot to mention that I had a very interesting phone call today. The mother of one of my recruits called me today to complain about the way I was treating her, and I quote little baby pie end quote. I love it when mothers call me...gives me ammo. {Evil DI Laugh}

SO for anyone is going into basic/advanced training:
Do NOT, under any circumstances, call your mother and complain. Because then your mother calls your DI and complains, and when that happens, your DI will torture you more. Its a vicious cycle.