Thought I would share
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Thought I would share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thought I would share

So on Friday, I was teaching my green backs how to properly clean their rifles. Because even sailors need to know. Well this kid (couldn't be twenty), had his rifle pointed right at his head, looking down the barrel. He thought that was the proper way to see if there was any gunk on the inside of the barrel. Luckily, the rifle wasn't loaded.

Lets just say that myself, an ensign, the Master Chief Petty Officer, and a Petty Officer 1st class were all in his face, very quickly.

So for anyone who is thinking about taking formal classes, please don't do this! Your instructor would probably not enjoy having a heart attack.

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9573 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

People that say "There is no such thing as a stupid question." have never taught a batch of military basic trainees.

My absolute joy, tho- last assignment before retiring, I was one of the few combat arms officers assigned to a school unit. We literally has dozens of O-5 instructors- and they were all non-combat branches- Staff Judge Advocate, General Staff, Finance, Quartermaster.

Guess who got to take them out for their annual "weapons familiarization" fire? Pistol, Caliber 45, and Rifle, M16A2. SHUDDER! Had one gent that had not fired a rifle since the M1 Garand, and was looking for a means to shove the magazine in from the top- a la 8 rd en bloc clip.

Did I get any sympathy from my Colonel? No- he was hard core artillery. Said "Somebody's got to do it. I prefer someone that has seen the elephant. Be glad it's rifles and not howitzers. But don't worry- if they shoot you, we'll get you into Arlington."

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Maybe he'll be Vice President some day...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Whats messed up is I had a Chief Master Sergent, E-9, highest attainable enlisted rank in the Air Force. She was in the Qualification class for M-16 and the woman couldn't remember anything about the weapons platform and she had like 25 years in service. Just my luck she was next to me. I had all rounds down range before she had even began shooting. Couldn't even remember how to load the damn thing.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
People that say "There is no such thing as a stupid question." have never taught a batch of military basic trainees.

My absolute joy, tho- last assignment before retiring, I was one of the few combat arms officers assigned to a school unit. We literally has dozens of O-5 instructors- and they were all non-combat branches- Staff Judge Advocate, General Staff, Finance, Quartermaster.

Guess who got to take them out for their annual "weapons familiarization" fire? Pistol, Caliber 45, and Rifle, M16A2. SHUDDER! Had one gent that had not fired a rifle since the M1 Garand, and was looking for a means to shove the magazine in from the top- a la 8 rd en bloc clip.

Did I get any sympathy from my Colonel? No- he was hard core artillery. Said "Somebody's got to do it. I prefer someone that has seen the elephant. Be glad it's rifles and not howitzers. But don't worry- if they shoot you, we'll get you into Arlington."
I completely agree with you there. There are stupid questions. Alot of them. More than can be counted.

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #6

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Whats messed up is I had a Chief Master Sergent, E-9, highest attainable enlisted rank in the Air Force. She was in the Qualification class for M-16 and the woman couldn't remember anything about the weapons platform and she had like 25 years in service. Just my luck she was next to me. I had all rounds down range before she had even began shooting. Couldn't even remember how to load the damn thing.
I shot a 60/50 because of a similar situation.

49/50 is my best without help.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #7

Liked 224 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 31

At that level she is a 100% administrator, no combat use, so no surprise she couldn't operate a rifle.
I taught kids how to use M-14s and 1911s in my swabbie days, and we had everything from one young kid who turned his head, eyes squeezed shut, and dumped a fuill mag of 45ACP ball into the flight deck, to a good old boy who shot an almost perfect score with the M14, only to grouse he'd left his glasses behind and might have done better with them.
Heck, on my ship we had 4 Ruger Service Six revolvers with no ammo, holster, speedloaders, nothing, and no explanation. I bought ammo and we had fun bringing them out of semi-retirement.
Glad to see your epsidoe went well - I got to fire 5 rounds from a Colt Ace in boot camp, and no chance to even check my target.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Good Deal USNWO!! Nobody died!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #9

And whats worse is this SAME cadet was CHEWING GUM IN MY FORMATION! Smackin' it like a cow chewing it's cud. WHATS WORSE IS HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A PIECE!!! I probably wouldn't of yelled at him so much if he gave me a piece...

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was in a course for defense shooting, like protecting a target, moving with a target what not. There was a guy I won't name him he was completly and underly useless. He dropped his gun more then a hooker drops her pants on a weekend. The biggest mistake he made was not listening we were shooting and moving just basic anyone could do this I thought he fell face first when he went to get up his finger was still on the trigger he shot a 9mm round straight through the window of a truck.

I really look up to firearm trainers sometimes they don't relize how much danger there in. He should have been taken out of the class before that but I don't know why he wasn't but after that he was pretty much asked to leave.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."