Teenager shot in the head during home invasion prank - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Teenager shot in the head during home invasion prank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/teen-shot-in-head-during-home-invasion-prank/

By Alyssa Newcomb
@alyssanewcomb
Follow on Twitter
Oct 14, 2012 5:14pmTeen Shot in Head During Home Invasion Prank
Email
Smaller Font
Text
Larger Text
|
Print

(Image Credit: Facebook)
A 15-year-old Alabama boy is in critical condition today after he was shot in the head by a friend during prank that police said went terribly wrong.

Jesse Rainey, 15, and seven male friends were spending the weekend at an unoccupied home that belonged to the grandmother of one of the boys, when a few of the teens decided to prank their friends by faking a home intrusion, Colbert County Sheriff Ronnie May told ABCNews.com.

“One of the young men cut the lights to the house, then a few of the other guys snuck back inside, wanting their friends to believe there was an intruder,” May said.

The teens were in the process of using flashlights to find the switch box, when Rainey jumped out of a closet.

His rattled friend immediately dropped a video game and fired a shot into Rainey’s head with a .38 caliber hand gun.

May called the shooting “accidental” and said after interviewing all of the boys and conferring with the district attorney’s office, no charges will be filed. Drugs and alcohol were also not a factor in the shooting

My question in all of this is "How the heck did a teenager get a .38 special revolver?"

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #12

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

That really is sad. The stupidity of youth is often fatal.

I am just guessing here, but Grandmom's and he got it out cause he was scared thinking someone was breaking in?

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5803 Times on 3030 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
That really is sad. The stupidity of youth is often fatal.

I am just guessing here, but Grandmom's and he got it out cause he was scared thinking someone was breaking in?
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Only if you include the numbers of drug dealers killing other drug dealers or their customers that just happen to be family or friends and include suicides.

See, if you are talking about the antigun study that I am thinking of. They looked at 43 gun deaths, all of which had it so a privately owned (not necessarily legally owned) gun killed a family member. 37 of those deaths were suicides, Five were dealers killing family members, and one was an abusive husband being shot by his wife.
if you murder someone, relative or not, your by definition a criminal

i wasnt commenting on guns just being murdered in general. stabbing, strangling, bludgeoning, run over by car, space shuttle pilot drives across country in diapers with an axe and lawn bags etc.

someone you know on a personal level is more likely to murder you than it happening by a total stranger. nothing to do with guns.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #14

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I will never, ever, be able to take you seriously again.

Who the **** quotes yahoo answers?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

If you truly believe your life is in danger, no. Your more likely to be murdered by a family member acquantance or friend than a total stranger.

I can see it go down something like this.

Lights go out
breaking of glass window and scrabbling to get a door or window open
victim goes for gun in fear
victim cries out who is there
no answer
dark shape appears
boom
idiots with video camera for youtube scatter
moron drops to floor with bullet in the head

In my book the idiot that got shot should be charged with home invasion as should his idiot friends. If idiot that got shot dies, idiot friends should be charged with murder
We think alike, you & me.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #16

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

I will never, ever, be able to take you seriously again.

Who the **** quotes yahoo answers?
Oh, I thought it was the part about jonm being right.

Ok you are right. I was in a hurry to post something. My bad.

NEVER FORGET

Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #17

Liked 1797 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

I remember a story of someone coming up behind an armed guard as a joke. The guard was stationed at a bank door while a delivery of currency was being made. The joker stuck his index finger in the guard’s back and said, “stick-em up” or words to that effect.

He was shot dead by the guard in the truck.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 691

[quote=danf_fl;977869His rattled friend immediately dropped a video game and fired a shot into Rainey’s head with a .38 caliber hand gun.

May called the shooting “accidental” and said after interviewing all of the boys and conferring with the district attorney’s office, no charges will be filed. Drugs and alcohol were also not a factor in the shooting
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
exactly.

if you murder someone, relative or not, your by definition a criminal

i wasnt commenting on guns just being murdered in general. stabbing, strangling, bludgeoning, run over by car, space shuttle pilot drives across country in diapers with an axe and lawn bags etc.
its a bad situation. i believe this could of been avoided so easily. the LACK of commom sense is absolutely terrifing in this day and age. have to say kudos to the teen that retrived the gun thinking a burglar was there.
it sucks it was his buddy and not a bad guy.
if we bend for some we must bend for others.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
Eturnsdale Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
I'm sorry, I was watching "Ow My Balls".... what did you say?
Go away 'baitin

Seriously though, the first time I watched that movie I laughed pretty hard and then got a little scared.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post

The teens were in the process of using flashlights to find the switch box, when Rainey jumped out of a closet.

His rattled friend immediately dropped a video game and fired a shot into Rainey’s head with a .38 caliber hand gun.

The jokes are just too easy, and in light of the loss I will refrain, but c'mon!