Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Tap, Rack, Bang (not sure if I posted this before) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/tap-rack-bang-not-sure-if-i-posted-before-16544/)

SGT-MILLER 08-05-2009 02:56 AM

Tap, Rack, Bang (not sure if I posted this before)

Here's a video I made a little while ago, but due to horrible memory sometimes, I cannot remember if I ever posted it here or not. If not, I hope some of you take something positive away from it.

Shotgun Shooter 08-05-2009 02:59 AM

Very nice. I subscribed. ;)

S.S.

SGT-MILLER 08-05-2009 03:01 AM

This is a much better one, though. This is a very good explanation from Clint.

CekingSDS 09-03-2009 09:50 PM

Watched a few of your other videos (referring to the one's with the Kimber). Are you normally that squared up while you're shooting? Not knocking your stance and shooting style, just mere curiosity.

SGT-MILLER 09-03-2009 10:18 PM

Yes, I do. I feel that is the best way to engage a target no matter if you are using a rifle or a handgun. It is most comfortable for me, and it is how I am trained through the military.

I found that once I adopted that stance, I became very accurate and very fast when engaging close to mid-range targets. If I wanted to engage a long range target with a rifle, I will put my weak side foot a little farther forward, and I turn my body slightly to my strong side to allow me to get the stock of the rifle firmly planted in my shoulder, and my cheek weld as far forward towards the sights/scope (while maintaining proper eye relief). That allows me a slightly more stable platform to fire my shots from.

CekingSDS 09-04-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 155093)
Yes, I do. I feel that is the best way to engage a target no matter if you are using a rifle or a handgun. It is most comfortable for me, and it is how I am trained through the military.

I found that once I adopted that stance, I became very accurate and very fast when engaging close to mid-range targets. If I wanted to engage a long range target with a rifle, I will put my weak side foot a little farther forward, and I turn my body slightly to my strong side to allow me to get the stock of the rifle firmly planted in my shoulder, and my cheek weld as far forward towards the sights/scope (while maintaining proper eye relief). That allows me a slightly more stable platform to fire my shots from.

Just curious. That was how I started shooting (Military trained as well). I ran into a problem with rapid fire on the stance however, and then as I started training with the group I am with now; it changed to basically the slant stance regardless of the weapon (Pistol, Carbine/Rifle, or Shotgun).

I just get intrigued in the area of why certain ways work better for others with their reasoning behind it. Not in a sense of the "this way is better" but as to learn the whole field, rather than to be biased on a specific technique.

FLOTUS 09-10-2009 12:10 AM

I just subscribed to your YouTube channel!