Talk with a student today - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Talk with a student today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Im glad there are still some people out there who will do something for nothing more then they know its the right thing to do. Far to many people out there are only in this life for how much they can make.

You are passing on a skill that is a hard to find skill which takes many many years to gather into a sinceable cohisve package. These classes can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. You did it because it needed to be done.

You taught this young lady how to protect herself from threats that may one day come to confront her. Granted she was smart enough to seek you out again, when she thought the threat was near again to take a refresh course.

I have helped in many classes as a extra pair of hands or eyes to the teachers and some times a student man or women come along and cant afford the class but have a real need for the class and what it contains. Every time this happens the instructor will just wave the cost of the class. if a little more time and effort is needed the instructor never says no. I have found him and myself staying at the range for a few extra hours just to help out a little longer.

My point is we as shooters and as people should do out part to help anybody who needs it to learn the right skills to protect themselves and there loved ones what ever the cost is finacially.

Arizona your a good guy for what you did for that women. Hope there are more people out there like that.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Last edited by FaTmAn; 10-22-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #22
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

I dunno...there is a LOT to be said for the currency of self satisfaction.

I get so much of a kick out of seeing those i took from gun haters (simply ignorant folk) to gun afficianados or even damn good marksman/woman that i cant express it in words.

As AzL says, bringing one to "our side" is worth more than any $$$ amount. Then knowing that one day instead of seeing the name/face in the news paper as a victim you may see them as a defendant.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!