Talk with a student today - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Talk with a student today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
That jerks my chain when a man hits a woman or treats them like personal property
I can't even call a male who hits a woman or a child a "man". He's not worthy of the name.

So...she showed up yesterday afternoon with her Glock, pair of spares, and a Ruger 22/45 she picked up for inexpensive practice. She told me she shoots once a week and shoots 100 rounds through her Ruger, and another 50-100 rounds through the Glock depending on her budget. She told me she carries her Glock every day, everywhere she goes...not in her purse...but ON HER BODY (lesson here for the ladies). She even added +2 floorplates to all three of her magazines, saying it was cheaper to add capacity to those than to buy another Glock.

She shot very well. She HAS been practicing, which does me proud because a LOT of students don't practice what they've learned. She clearly has practiced and it showed. She was doing fast doubles at 7 yards to POA less than an inch apart in about 1.5 seconds...FROM CONCEALMENT. Not blazing speed...but damned sure fast. I set a few of her mags up with snap caps in the line-up and she went to IMMEDIATE clearance drills...really running the gun. No hesitation, no fumbled reloads, just TAP RACK BANG on automatic.

It was Thursday, my steel shooting night, so my wife and I invited her along to shoot the match. My wife offered her the loan of a Glock 19....but she turned it down, preferring to shoot with her G26, and she did AWESOME! She shot in NOVICE, but could have easily competed in C Class. I think she has the competition bug.

I am not worried about her gun skills....she has the ability and the attitude, and the tools to defend herself now. She is one girl who WON'T be a victim again. She told me her new boyfriend is a "nice guy"...he is a GEEK SQUAD type, not a pretty boy or thug...so we can pretty well figure she won't go for a "person of questionable character" again.

She also told me she bought a used Remmy 870 in 20 gauge and wants me to teach her shotgunning too. I think I may have created a monster...LOL.

She tried to pay me for my time yesterday...I told her..."Gimme a buck."

BY THE WAY....She also has a bumper sticker on her Honda Civic that reads: OBAMA SUCKS! I always said a conservative is a liberal who got robbed yesterday.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

BTW...she also proudly showed me her CCW and her NRA card.

I may have to hire her as our nanny!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #13

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Great to hear, Az. Hopefully she's been well trained on the knee to the privates as an initial clearing method if needed.
Sounds like you've created a conservative, and a very contributing young lady to the world of self defense.
Good on you!! Keep us informed if you would.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 869 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Congratulations to your Padawan (and her master too)

Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #15

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

he is a GEEK SQUAD type, not a pretty boy or thug...so we can pretty well figure she won't go for a "person of questionable character" again.
I don't know... my distribution center fired around 50 of 200 employees for stealing... A lot.

Again, you're an awesome man sir, going above and beyond.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I don't know... my distribution center fired around 50 of 200 employees for stealing... A lot.

Again, you're an awesome man sir, going above and beyond.
From what I gather...her new sig-other works at Best Buy as a Geek Squad tech guy while he is going to UofA...so...I am going on the assumption that he's a pretty good kid. Besides which...now I have a tech geek connect if I need one.

As far as above and beyond...I don't know about that...I'd hope someone would stand up for my daughter if I couldn't. Besides...I LOVE to teach, and every one we can get into "our side" is a win for all gun people.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #17

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
From what I gather...her new sig-other works at Best Buy as a Geek Squad tech guy while he is going to UofA...so...I am going on the assumption that he's a pretty good kid. Besides which...now I have a tech geek connect if I need one.

As far as above and beyond...I don't know about that...I'd hope someone would stand up for my daughter if I couldn't. Besides...I LOVE to teach, and every one we can get into "our side" is a win for all gun people.
You went above and beyond. I've seen people say 'I'll work out a payment plan'. That's not going above and beyond. That's giving minimal aid.
You rented her a firearm, long term, for $1.00, as well as the training both times, which you stated you charge $425.00 for. That means, you pretty much tossed $1,400 (rounded) out the door because it wasn't as important to you as seeing that the young lady was safe.
So shaddup and accept the fact you're a good fellow.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #18

Quote:

Yes but what folks like you and many of the others here see as "normal" the rest of the world would balk at. Teaching a girl to shoot? With the intention of shooting someone?!?! Preposterous!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Yes but what folks like you and many of the others here see as "normal" the rest of the world would balk at. Teaching a girl to shoot? With the intention of shooting someone?!?! Preposterous!
I have the perfect counter to that argument...because I have been accused of "Teaching people to kill people and get away with it."

I reply: "No ma'am/sir...I am teaching people to protect themselves and their children and survive in the face of a deadly attack. Surely you aren't against innocent people and children surviving a deadly attack are you?".

That one pretty well shuts them down.

I have also been accused of teaching people to "lie to cops to get away with killing someone".

To that I say: "No ma'am/sir...I simply teach people how to properly articulate why they did what they did, and to effectively communicate the facts to law enforcement in a manner that will aid officers in determining the flow of events leading up to the use of force, and explaining it's immediate neccessity".

Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 AM   #20

Quote:

I have the perfect counter to that argument...because I have been accused of "Teaching people to kill people and get away with it."

I reply: "No ma'am/sir...I am teaching people to protect themselves and their children and survive in the face of a deadly attack. Surely you aren't against innocent people and children surviving a deadly attack are you?".

That one pretty well shuts them down.

I have also been accused of teaching people to "lie to cops to get away with killing someone".

To that I say: "No ma'am/sir...I simply teach people how to properly articulate why they did what they did, and to effectively communicate the facts to law enforcement in a manner that will aid officers in determining the flow of events leading up to the use of force, and explaining it's immediate neccessity".
Awesome, In a year or so, I shall attempt to take your class.