Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Talk with a student today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/talk-student-today-50211/)

ArizonaLawman 10-20-2011 05:41 PM

Talk with a student today

So, I just got off the phone with a former student.

She was referred to me for training about a year ago by a deputy after she had been seriously beaten by a former boyfriend. She was brutalized by this mook...arm broken, jaw broken, cracked and fractured ribs, sexually assaulted.

The boyfriend booked back over the border to Mexico and as yet, has not been picked up. Now, it would seem, he is back. He called her last night, and told her "I love you, and want you back". Funny how "love" can hurt right???? Staffing being what it is...local PD can't "form a task force" to find the guy. That's just reality. She said an officer came by, took a report, and told her they'd "Do what we can."

She asked me if I could make some time to give her a refresher. Obviously, I told her yes. I told her, it would be "no charge"...the girl is still in college, and I didn't charge her the $450 for the two-day course I ran her through the first time. I told her it was more important to spend the money on a quality pistol and ammo. (I do this from time to time in special cases).

So, she's coming up this afternoon and I am going to run her through some drills with her Glock 26 (an old BUG that I sold her for $1 with the promise that when she graduates and buys another gun, she will sell it back to me for the same $1). She showed up the first time with a used Raven .25 that some douchetard (Can we say douchetard on here?) at a pawn shop sold her for $150.

When I trained her the first time, she had never held, let alone fired a handgun. I let her shoot the Glock 26 with an Advantage Arms .22 conversion to get familiar with the basics. She was pretty good...she kept all ten rounds inside the "9" ring at 5-10 yards. After the first hour she was doing it at 15 - 20 yards. When I put the 9mm top end back on, she was up to speed in no time.

I won't go over the whole course, save to say, by the end of day two, she was shooting and moving, getting to cover, doing nice mag swaps, and generally displaying a good set of skills. I even went to her small rented home and "wargamed" some house clearing and RED GUN force on force with her.

My point is....get a .22 conversion for a training gun to start someone off...they are worth their weight in gold.

Now, I may go looking for this turd myself.....

mrm14 10-20-2011 05:56 PM

My cousin and daughter have been beaten by men. My cousin is a cancer nurse now in Hawaii. The man she was married to would beat her and she would allow it. Finally she commenced to take a beating from him when she took that bat away from him and put him in the hospitol. While he was in the hospitol, which was about 60 days, to heal from his beating, she divorced him. She got into a little trouble over it but in the end moved to Hawaii. Best move she ever made as she finished her nursing school. That was back in the 1970's and they were in Alaska.

My daughter keeps getting hooked up with the same kind of guy and has taken her fair share of beatings. She's getting another divorce now. Right now she lives with me and I won't allow any guys to visit here. However, she does see a guy away from here, from time to time, and it bothers me even though he seems O.K.

fmj 10-20-2011 06:20 PM

What be a "mook"??

Got NO sympathy or respect for a guy that beats on a woman!!(uless of course said woman starts it...you wanna hit like a man, you gonna get beat like a man is my thought process)

I have often thought about getting a .22 conversion kit for the 1911...just to work on my skills and save a BUNCH of coin.

BenLuby 10-20-2011 07:39 PM

Az, my respect just went up for you a few more notches. No wonder the 19 YO hotties are throwing themselves in your path. You're a knight in shining armor.
You should change your name to Saint Arizona.
You set a good example, sir. Well done!!!

c3shooter 10-20-2011 09:15 PM

mook (mk) KEY

NOUN:
Slang
An insignificant or contemptible person

Several years back, used to train about a dozen nurses a year in defensive shooting. The number of compact, reliable autos of a social caliber was a bit smaller then- we would stick with double action revolvers (start with .38 Short Colt, move up to .38 Sp wadcutter, then 125 JHP).

Some were ladies that had problems- some had seen one too many cases come thru the ER.

purehavoc 10-20-2011 09:37 PM

That jerks my chain when a man hits a woman or treats them like personal property

FaTmAn 10-20-2011 10:36 PM

was looking at that conversion for my g-22 and can only one price of 294.00 any idea how much they cost. and i also noticed that because i have a gen 4 one site said that the conversion i need is a little differnt from the others.

moneymaker17 10-20-2011 11:13 PM

i have absoulty no respect for anyone who hits a girl. id run before id even think about hitting a girl..

a good friend of mine--,,, his dad got robbed by a girl. and the girl shot and killed him. very sad happened a long time ago, when he was little.

therewolf 10-21-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 606081)
What be a "mook"??

Got NO sympathy or respect for a guy that beats on a woman!!(uless of course said woman starts it...you wanna hit like a man, you gonna get beat like a man is my thought process)

I have often thought about getting a .22 conversion kit for the 1911...just to work on my skills and save a BUNCH of coin.

A mook is a jackhole. Taking advantage of a woman like that.

I think the Glock idea is great. They absorb a lot of vibration and recoil,

and it may be a great first gun for her.

pagj17 10-21-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman
So, I just got off the phone with a former student.

She was referred to me for training about a year ago by a deputy after she had been seriously beaten by a former boyfriend. She was brutalized by this mook...arm broken, jaw broken, cracked and fractured ribs, sexually assaulted.

The boyfriend booked back over the border to Mexico and as yet, has not been picked up. Now, it would seem, he is back. He called her last night, and told her "I love you, and want you back". Funny how "love" can hurt right???? Staffing being what it is...local PD can't "form a task force" to find the guy. That's just reality. She said an officer came by, took a report, and told her they'd "Do what we can."

She asked me if I could make some time to give her a refresher. Obviously, I told her yes. I told her, it would be "no charge"...the girl is still in college, and I didn't charge her the $450 for the two-day course I ran her through the first time. I told her it was more important to spend the money on a quality pistol and ammo. (I do this from time to time in special cases).

So, she's coming up this afternoon and I am going to run her through some drills with her Glock 26 (an old BUG that I sold her for $1 with the promise that when she graduates and buys another gun, she will sell it back to me for the same $1). She showed up the first time with a used Raven .25 that some douchetard (Can we say douchetard on here?) at a pawn shop sold her for $150.

When I trained her the first time, she had never held, let alone fired a handgun. I let her shoot the Glock 26 with an Advantage Arms .22 conversion to get familiar with the basics. She was pretty good...she kept all ten rounds inside the "9" ring at 5-10 yards. After the first hour she was doing it at 15 - 20 yards. When I put the 9mm top end back on, she was up to speed in no time.

I won't go over the whole course, save to say, by the end of day two, she was shooting and moving, getting to cover, doing nice mag swaps, and generally displaying a good set of skills. I even went to her small rented home and "wargamed" some house clearing and RED GUN force on force with her.

My point is....get a .22 conversion for a training gun to start someone off...they are worth their weight in gold.

Now, I may go looking for this turd myself.....

You're a gentleman and a scholar sir. I have no investigative experience but if you need help, let me know.