Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Tactical Response Training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default Tactical Response Training

Man don't think I would ever use this school.

MVI_1778.flv video by Tactical_Resp - Photobucket

Here is the guys that produced that video.

Tactical Response

here is a guy that really doesn't like the owner of Tactical Resonse. Even if this stuff is only half true. This guy is a complete utter douche bag.

James Yeager is Scum!

Do you like all what goes on. Firing while man down range, turning a loaded weapon away from the firing line, people sweeping others. WOW class act right there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

WTF is wrong with Yeager????

WTF is wrong with those students that are willing to shoot when someone (that idiot for a camera man) is right in front of them????

I made it an ancillary goal in my life to try and help those learn the correct way of handling a firearm in the defense of life. I see stuff like this, and it makes me want to drop a flying elbow into the nearest wall.......

This little "training" outfit needs to be shut down with a quickness.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

LOL, well, that was not a wise or safe stunt, I would go as far to say it was very foolish, but trust me over the years of Tach shooting and various training, I have seen much worse.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

If the story on that expose' website is true - that guy deserves to be sued penniless and then be killed by one of his "students" during a training "accident"

What a POS!

Put the vehicle in neutral, set the handbrake and got out of the damn vehicle on the most dangerous route, at the time, in Baghdad?!?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Over!?

Man alive - Those poor bastards in the vehicles behind his lead vehicle were trapped and riddle with bullets because one guy was too effing lazy to do the job correctly....

JD

Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It'd be nice if when the revolution comes, they get him to lead the government forces. Mainly so I'd have a chance to shoot at him, but also so it'd be easier for the rebels to win,

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I looked at this guy's website, and it's funny that the same (actually better) advice I will give out for free on this forum, he'll charge up the *** for.

Basic Handgun is 100 dollars for one day (bring your own supplies)

Fighting Handgun is 400 dollars for two days (bring your own supplies)

I guess I can't fault him for trying to make a buck, but it seems unfair somehow to me that people have to pay to learn how to effectively use their firearms.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 AM   #7

I could not get the first link to work. If it is the video of the camera man down range, while firing goes on all around him, then I am glad it is off the web. It just makes all shooters/gun owners look like idiots.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take every thing you have.
Thomas Jefferson

US Army Retired / Postal Employee
NRA Endowment Member
Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #8

Liked 221 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The links no longer seem to work. I was curious as to whether a cameraman or only a camera was downrange...

I have Jim Yeager's " Fighting Pistol " DVD set and like it. He seems like a good and sincere instructor.

I'm not completely comfortable with an anonymous Internet attack on him. Yeager put his name on his own writings.

The Iraq disaster referred to apparently involved Yeager's forgetfulness under machinegun fire. He was driving a stick, put it in neutral and set the parking brake. When the machinegun chewed up the three cars, he hit the gas. When the car failed to move, he thought the transmission was hit ; he forgot it wasn't an automatic. He bailed out and tried to take cover and to return fire.
Those are the facts as best we can get them. Calling him a coward for this seems extreme to me.
Yeager defended his actions partly by knocking the actions of others. I don't know if he was fair or accurate. If you all want to do a Warren Commission style investigation, be my guests.
I'm content to let it go and judge Yeager on the value of his training.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I will judge him on the video. I would not set foot on a range with this or any of his wannabe instructors. Sorry anyone that allows someone down range to hold targets and take pictures while a live fire exercise is going on is a muther effing douche bag and should have all his firearms and teeth KTFO and taken never to be returned. For the students to shoot and not throw a complete tantrum about this stunt is beyond me. I would just as soon shot any of them in the dam foot than shoot with them.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
The links no longer seem to work. I was curious as to whether a cameraman or only a camera was downrange...
That's really neither here nor there. There was an article in SWAT magazine (Dec. 2005) that reamed Gabe Suarez for standing next to a target while having one of his student's fire. He said something about standing downrange (granted, it was close range) is a reminder to him of what it's like to have bullets coming your direction.

For "operators", there is a time and place for live fire shooting when not everyone is on a firing line. In a live fire shoot house with a specialized "team", there's a point where it's "ok" to shoot a target three feet from one of your team members.

The problem I have with "down range training" is the tacticool commandos want to make it available to EVERYBODY, and that just ain't right. You don't take a class full of strangers and have them doing team shooting... that's for training elite teams... guys who have lived, worked, and trained together for a good long time. There's gotta be a special trust to be down range while your team mate is throwing lead your way.

Quote:
I have Jim Yeager's " Fighting Pistol " DVD set and like it. He seems like a good and sincere instructor.
If you learn anything from it, then good for you. Personally, I'm not a fan of DVD firearms instruction. A lot of the big name high profile instructors get caught up in media and marketing. A DVD can't critique your performance, and you can't ask a DVD questions.

Quote:
I'm not completely comfortable with an anonymous Internet attack on him. Yeager put his name on his own writings.
My name is Jerry A. Goodson. My home address is:

110 San Saba Ave
Benbrook, TX 76126

I don't have a home or cell number because I'm currently deployed... but if I did, I'd post that, too. I've never been afraid to say who I am, where I live, or how you can get a hold of me.

Quote:
The Iraq disaster referred to apparently involved Yeager's forgetfulness under machinegun fire.
Uhm... that's the WORST time to be "forgetful".

Quote:
He was driving a stick, put it in neutral and set the parking brake.
That's where the 'incompetency' began. I don't do that INSIDE the wire, much less in a traffic jam in a populated city over here. I didn't do that in 2005 before I was exposed to Yeager, so it's not like I "learned from his mistakes"... I knew better without him having to make those mistakes.

Quote:
When the machinegun chewed up the three cars, he hit the gas. When the car failed to move, he thought the transmission was hit ; he forgot it wasn't an automatic. He bailed out and tried to take cover and to return fire.
So he got paid a LOT of money... a BOAT LOAD of money and he 'forgot' he was driving a stick shift??

The problem I have with that is, he made all of that money over there to protect people who DIED, and he came home and started this company selling his wares as if he's the "cat's meow".

Quote:
Those are the facts as best we can get them. Calling him a coward for this seems extreme to me.
Well... you added to the facts "as best as we can get them". He bailed out and took cover. I couldn't see in the video where he was returning any fire.

Quote:
Yeager defended his actions partly by knocking the actions of others.
Uhm, no. Yeager defended his actions SOLELY by knocking the actions of others.

Quote:
I don't know if he was fair or accurate. If you all want to do a Warren Commission style investigation, be my guests.
I'm content to let it go and judge Yeager on the value of his training.
I can let a LOT of things go, however, I still caught up on that whole thing about people getting shot and DYING.

As far as the "value of his training", I can't comment one way or the other... I've never seen his videos or attended any of his courses. You can defend THAT all you want. If his training *IS* "the cat's meow", then good for him and his students. Being a good instructor doesn't mean you can't be a liar or a coward... or both.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com