Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Tactical Krav Maga training (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/tactical-krav-maga-training-21740/)

zhuk 01-02-2010 07:38 AM

Tactical Krav Maga training

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this? (mods would appreciate a move if necessary) but this is a [embedded] video from the Krav school I attend. Shows their VIP High Risk training, conducted in Serbia (for obvious firearms-regulation reasons)

Pretty damn hardcore :)

Tactical Krav Maga - Australia and International Tactical Krav Maga College P/L

spittinfire 01-02-2010 10:42 AM

Nice! I would love to try Krav Maga but there isn't anyone close to me who teaches it. All I can find around here it Tea Kwon Do so I might give it a try if I can afford it.

zhuk 01-02-2010 11:38 AM

Hey have no idea if any of these are close to ya, spittin...but anyway ;)

Krav Maga North Carolina

spittinfire 01-02-2010 12:30 PM

Closest one on that list is at least an hour away. Thanks anyway.

IGETEVEN 01-02-2010 01:29 PM

Great post Zhuk! :D Krav Maga, gotta love it, and I do and it sure beats the hell out of all that showy jumping and kicking crap. Damn I hope my brother-in law don't see this. :eek:

No offence and great respect and a bow to all you Tea Kwon Do, Kempo Karate and Kung Fu guys, to each his own to pursue what MA discipline works best for you, it's just like choosing your own personal firearms. ;)

Jack

dunerunner 01-02-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 207377)
Krav Maga, gotta love it, and I do and it sure beats the hell out of all that showy jumping and kicking crap.

Designed to provide ground forces a viable combat ready, no BS, form of effective hand to hand! Jack.......Dead on as always!!

zhuk 01-02-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 207377)
Great post Zhuk! :D Krav Maga, gotta love it, and I do and it sure beats the hell out of all that showy jumping and kicking crap. Damn I hope my brother-in law don't see this. :eek:

No offence and great respect and a bow to all you Tea Kwon Do, Kempo Karate and Kung Fu guys, to each his own to pursue what MA discipline works best for you, it's just like choosing your own personal firearms ;)

Jack

Spot-on, Jack. This is why I got hooked on krav when I discovered it (after I got mugged) the 'no BS' aspect. After my first class all I could think was "I have to know MOAR!"

The martial arts are excellent for teaching stamina, flexibility, reflexes and some great moves; after all, krav has cherry-picked all the elements that *work* out of many different styles. I can appreciate the impressive skills an experienced MA practitioner must have. But there's a reason they are considered 'sports'...because there are rules. And out on the street, is anyone who is determined to do you serious harm going to hold back?

Nuh-uh! No holds barred is what you need to know.

I am lucky enough to have access to an excellent teacher (an ex-Aust Army Green Beret) in this particular system which is a lil more, uh brutal (heh) than the usual IKMF krav. Adapted by an Israeli guy Itay Gil, who was an elite commander of a counter-terrorist unit, Yamam...a truly hard man. We do stuff like night-time scenarios, multiple attackers in dark, cramped spaces, being jumped on while under blankets (simulating being attacked while sleeping), also having to fight off attackers while in buses etc...anything they can dream up which is as close to reality as we can safely make it for training purposes. If anyone hears a violent news report and wants to trial that type of scenario, we try to work that in too.

Also some 3rd party protection like in the vid. Just without firearms, alas lol...hope to get to the level of proficiency evntually where I can go their centre in Thailand where you do gun work with Israeli SF guys. That would be completely awesome :D