Suicide policy? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Suicide policy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

This has happened twice that I know of at our local indoor range in Fresno. The first instance was an elderly man who arrived at opening. He had a Baretta Model 85 .380, got a target and a lane, fired two rounds into the target and the third hydashok through the roof of his mouth. The second instance was a young man who went out and shot a few rounds as if practicing, turned and looked at the camera and put one through his temple.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #32

Liked 906 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
If someone wants to commit suicide; let them...
It is just another way of adding a little chlorine to the gene pool...
BINGO.
I'd agree 100%

Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #33

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
This has happened twice that I know of at our local indoor range in Fresno. The first instance was an elderly man who arrived at opening. He had a Baretta Model 85 .380, got a target and a lane, fired two rounds into the target and the third hydashok through the roof of his mouth. The second instance was a young man who went out and shot a few rounds as if practicing, turned and looked at the camera and put one through his temple.
And this sort of stuff is REALLY bad for business. It sounds like a reasonable rule to all except the new shooter who wants to rent a few guns to figure out which one to buy.

Bring a friend!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
Weston man commits suicide at Lauderdale Lakes shooting range
October 15, 2010|By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel

A Weston man shot and killed himself Friday morning at the Arizona Shooting Range in Lauderdale Lakes, leaving behind a suicide note, authorities said.

The Broward Sheriff's Office identified the victim as a 47-year-old Weston man, but did not release his name.

The suicide occurred at about 10:45 a.m. at 4325 North State Road 7, said Veda Coleman, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.

"He shot himself there at the gun range," Coleman said. "He did leave behind a note."
Holly **** I live in Weston. I usually go to Pembroke though.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
Holly **** I live in Weston. I usually go to Pembroke though.
You're just up the road. I've actually never been to Pembroke or Big Al's.
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
You're just up the road. I've actually never been to Pembroke or Big Al's.
I was at big al's today. Its OK(a little seedy) but cheap(7.50 all day you can come and go).

Ive heard through a couple friends that although Pembroke has better clientele they have high lead content in the air I am really not sure how much truth this is based on though.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 AM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently got my handgun in may, so far i have shot at Weston Arms, thats were i bought my beretta px4, its ok real nice inside, but they were kinda dicks to my buddy, so i don't go there anymore. Pembroke it is a little far for me but the people are all nice enough. when i get my next gun i am gonna get it from them. I am all about supporting my local business even though i know i can get it cheaper online. Markem, I like shooting outside but it is to much work and as a new shooter...some of the RO's come off as rude. I know its all for safety but come on, but sometimes i like to dump a mag as fast as i can. Great way to relieve stress.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #38

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

"As a new shooter," perhaps you have something to learn from the range officers. Perhaps rather than be perturbed you could look at "dump(ing) a mag" from their perspective.

Seeing things from their point of view may show you why you think they are rude, when they are probably thinking the same of you.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i have been skeet and trap shooting for 15 years so i am not exactly new to it.... I understand that its all about safety and i know how fast accidents can happen. I just said that sometimes they can come of as rude. I just fell like i can relax and focus in on my shooting better at the indoor range. when its 95 degrees with high humidity i like shooting in the ac like god intended. Come to think about it...if i had to deal with yuppie pricks all day in 95 degree heat i might be cranky to. Now over at the trap fields the RO's are awesome same guys but have less interaction. There is a couple other reasons why i don't like it as much. 15 yards is the closest line...its fine but if i bring a friend and they cant hit the target. turns em off on the sport. plus i am a lazy sob and i don't wanna walk out 50 yards to change my target.