Suicide policy? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Suicide policy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

This has happened twice that I know of at our local indoor range in Fresno. The first instance was an elderly man who arrived at opening. He had a Baretta Model 85 .380, got a target and a lane, fired two rounds into the target and the third hydashok through the roof of his mouth. The second instance was a young man who went out and shot a few rounds as if practicing, turned and looked at the camera and put one through his temple.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #32

Liked 824 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
If someone wants to commit suicide; let them...
It is just another way of adding a little chlorine to the gene pool...
BINGO.
I'd agree 100%

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #33

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
This has happened twice that I know of at our local indoor range in Fresno. The first instance was an elderly man who arrived at opening. He had a Baretta Model 85 .380, got a target and a lane, fired two rounds into the target and the third hydashok through the roof of his mouth. The second instance was a young man who went out and shot a few rounds as if practicing, turned and looked at the camera and put one through his temple.
And this sort of stuff is REALLY bad for business. It sounds like a reasonable rule to all except the new shooter who wants to rent a few guns to figure out which one to buy.

Bring a friend!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
Weston man commits suicide at Lauderdale Lakes shooting range
October 15, 2010|By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel

A Weston man shot and killed himself Friday morning at the Arizona Shooting Range in Lauderdale Lakes, leaving behind a suicide note, authorities said.

The Broward Sheriff's Office identified the victim as a 47-year-old Weston man, but did not release his name.

The suicide occurred at about 10:45 a.m. at 4325 North State Road 7, said Veda Coleman, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.

"He shot himself there at the gun range," Coleman said. "He did leave behind a note."
Holly **** I live in Weston. I usually go to Pembroke though.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
Holly **** I live in Weston. I usually go to Pembroke though.
You're just up the road. I've actually never been to Pembroke or Big Al's.
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
You're just up the road. I've actually never been to Pembroke or Big Al's.
I was at big al's today. Its OK(a little seedy) but cheap(7.50 all day you can come and go).

Ive heard through a couple friends that although Pembroke has better clientele they have high lead content in the air I am really not sure how much truth this is based on though.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 AM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently got my handgun in may, so far i have shot at Weston Arms, thats were i bought my beretta px4, its ok real nice inside, but they were kinda dicks to my buddy, so i don't go there anymore. Pembroke it is a little far for me but the people are all nice enough. when i get my next gun i am gonna get it from them. I am all about supporting my local business even though i know i can get it cheaper online. Markem, I like shooting outside but it is to much work and as a new shooter...some of the RO's come off as rude. I know its all for safety but come on, but sometimes i like to dump a mag as fast as i can. Great way to relieve stress.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #38

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

"As a new shooter," perhaps you have something to learn from the range officers. Perhaps rather than be perturbed you could look at "dump(ing) a mag" from their perspective.

Seeing things from their point of view may show you why you think they are rude, when they are probably thinking the same of you.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i have been skeet and trap shooting for 15 years so i am not exactly new to it.... I understand that its all about safety and i know how fast accidents can happen. I just said that sometimes they can come of as rude. I just fell like i can relax and focus in on my shooting better at the indoor range. when its 95 degrees with high humidity i like shooting in the ac like god intended. Come to think about it...if i had to deal with yuppie pricks all day in 95 degree heat i might be cranky to. Now over at the trap fields the RO's are awesome same guys but have less interaction. There is a couple other reasons why i don't like it as much. 15 yards is the closest line...its fine but if i bring a friend and they cant hit the target. turns em off on the sport. plus i am a lazy sob and i don't wanna walk out 50 yards to change my target.