Stray Bullets - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Stray Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Lol JDP I've gone in and had cartridges in pockets of change....
but I get a lotta looks now because I'm an open carrier, whenever I can. This one cashier at a chevron in Pomona focused more on the firearm than the transaction, haha. Out my way it's greeted okay for the most part, i've actually got a few people interested in joining in
Oh! And I've found a 9mm at work once(best buy dist. In Chino), in our closing gate track,
with 'chambering wear' and with scratches from that gate closing on it once. That was interesting.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #22

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
but I get a lotta looks now because I'm an open carrier, whenever I can.
I bet that goes well, in california

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #23

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
I bet that goes well, in california
Surprisingly enough it does I've Possibly had the cops called twice but I was already on the road the first time when they showed up, and the second time I was unarmed haha.
Otherwise I've been SHOCKED at the reception.
The biggest thing is I have to have the ammunition separate from the firearm... So I have to watch my six even more than I would normally.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not sure if this was said, but when you said "stray bullets" I thought it was going to be something about accidental discharges.

I actually first thought of this quote by opposition of National Park carry:

Quote:
allowing loaded and accessible weapons in national parks would create a dangerous environment for millions of American families who annually visit our national parks expecting a safe and enjoyable experience — not loaded firearms and stray bullets

Anyways, yeah I've washed a 9mm cartridge once (which still fired, which surprised me since it was just WWB), and I occasionally would find .22 cartridges around my old truck from shooting sessions. I regularly find empty .22s here and there, from them bouncing into my range bag / rifle case, or into my car. I had several .22 cases stuck under the vent behind the hood of my old Samurai, and I don't remember if I ever got them out before selling it.

But, I really don't worry about it all that much.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #25

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I shoot on my dad's land alot down in the woods,and most of the time when I get a .22 misfire I just throw it on the ground.He is kind of a bird watching woods walker and he has several times brought them back to me like"I found a bullet".I usually don't care about .22 ammo falling on the ground unless it's in a yard where I think someone might hit it with a lawnmower-then I dig through the grass to find them if I drop one.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves