Some things you might not have thought about - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Some things you might not have thought about

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
And then there are those of us who choose to just sit and wait......
Quoted for Truth.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I also set up a safe area for the girlfriend. If anything were to go down she is to get her pistol and stay down at the side of the bed as I clear the house. That way I know where she is and if she stays low less chance of being hit by strays.

And get a dog!!!!!!!

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

A couple things in there that had never occurred to me before. Thanks, DC, good stuff!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks guys. I always wanted to post something like this but I always held off thinking it might come across like I was a know it all. There's a lot of knowledge here and I'm glad I can offer something to the forum.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 02-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I see a lot of people have read this but there isn't a lot comments. Is there anything that someone would like to add, like Skull did or maybe someone has a question. This is the best place to ask, there is a lot of experience on this forum and I know I didn't cover all basis here.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

In the Army we were told to close our sighting eye when we expected a flare. That way the night vision would be destroyed in the non sighting eye but preserved in the sighting eye

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Darin, what types of things do you take into consideration when deciding what type of weapon and caliber to use solely for home protection, ie. the dedicated night stand gun.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #18

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

You covered a lot of great and very valuable info Darin. Thanks for the tips

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #19

Great advise. However I am a little weary about my last interaction with my police department last week. Nothing terrible or illegal. Where buried in snow here and the roads have been narrowed to basically one lane. Someone parked across the street blocking anyone from getting out or into my driveway. So to have a car moved you have to call the police. The officer had to call me and ask for directions to my house after he already had my address. That is not a heartwarming feeling after reading your post. Maybe they know where it is now.

Again, well written and good advise.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2953 Times on 1539 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW View Post
Great advise. However I am a little weary about my last interaction with my police department last week. Nothing terrible or illegal. Where buried in snow here and the roads have been narrowed to basically one lane. Someone parked across the street blocking anyone from getting out or into my driveway. So to have a car moved you have to call the police. The officer had to call me and ask for directions to my house after he already had my address. That is not a heartwarming feeling after reading your post. Maybe they know where it is now.

Again, well written and good advise.
Well, if you are buried in snow and the street is down to one lane, I suppose the street address placard and or mail box is still in plain view and perfectly readable from a police car in the street.

Driving in extreme snow conditions is like flying with NVG's over the desert. You can easily lose your bearings.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball