Sobering night at range - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Sobering night at range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
We were unable to attend last week due to family issues.

This week, it was made very clear that we were persona non grata and it was suggested we never come back. Apparently making me the false flag makes them feel better.
i don't understand this, making you the false flag? seems as there are some issues that need to be addressed, but how is it your fault? just curious.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1047 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i don't understand this, making you the false flag? seems as there are some issues that need to be addressed, but how is it your fault? just curious.
They had issues that needed to be resolved. But because I dared to talk about it outside the club, no longer welcome at the club. Never once mentioned the name of the guy who shot himself, or the club's name. Apparently my posting anything became the main issue, not the safety issues.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
They had issues that needed to be resolved. But because I dared to talk about it outside the club, no longer welcome at the club. Never once mentioned the name of the guy who shot himself, or the club's name. Apparently my posting anything became the main issue, not the safety issues.
well it seems they have bigger problems to be worried about and i would say good riddance to them. if they are more worried about image than safety, then they probably have done you a favor. when someone puts image ahead of safety, then to me this is a huge issue that i would have problems with. i kind of get sensative when it comes to my health and safety!

Old 04-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well it seems they have bigger problems to be worried about and i would say good riddance to them. if they are more worried about image than safety, then they probably have done you a favor. when someone puts image ahead of safety, then to me this is a huge issue that i would have problems with. i kind of get sensative when it comes to my health and safety!
Funny side story, as we were driving there tonight, SWMBO, said she was quickly losing interest, found them to clique'ish and going beyond the competition and only about winning. We were talking about joining another club anyway, guess we're getting a prompting to joining sooner rather than later.

One of the old time members stopped coming, it was reported that he was upset about not being asked to be on the board. He told me one of the few times I've seen him, it was mostly about safety issues. Another past member said he was watching safety issues get sloppier and sloppier to the point he became afraid.

The age distribution is pretty old, well into retirement age. There are no younger members stepping up to get involved. Someone else suggested they are having financial issues.

Time to move on to a more professional organization!

Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Sounds like a dying club to me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Sounds like a dying club to me.
Apparently

Especially if they don't encourage and develop new members. As the old "active" members die off or become uninvolved, the work falls onto the shoulders of more and more people.

It's amazing the number of PM's on the local forum I received from people stating their own concerns. A couple of people posted them in public. As I look back at the incident...
  • There was no emergency medical kit available
  • There is no published emergency procedure book
  • They do not have an attorney on speed dial
  • They have made some "minor" procedural changes
  • I doubt anybody running the competition is a NRA certified RO
  • This is pure speculation on my part, I'd bet a lot of doughnuts their "insurance" is void because they haven't met requirements specified in the policy
  • And the best part of all, I received an email from someone that attended last night, and he stated that if he was running the operation, the guy that shot himself would have been tossed out last night. Apparently he hasn't learned enough.

Another member said something to me a few weeks ago, they are having financial issues, but I don't know that as fact.

Yea, it hurts that I became their false flag to rally against. But, it's forcing me to move on.

One other thing I've learned from this incident, DO NOT TALK TO POLICE I now have three attorney's on my phone. This guy was singing like a bird. He is at the risk of losing at a minimum his conceal permit, and potentially even getting a felony charge out of the incident. Had he not said a word, a good attorney might have been able to claim AD from his modified competition gun. Since he admitted ND, if the prosecutor decides to go after him, he's going to be in for some expensive butt hurt.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #27

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Wow!

I think it's pretty asinine that they had the nerve to ask you to leave. Then again, they really did you a favor.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2026 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 4320

I am for one glad that the clubs local are too much of a drive in either distance to be apart of.

I mainly go to the public shooting range, that has Range Control Officials.