Shooting on your back (with video) - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shooting on your back (with video)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 146
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Practice transitioning from standing to supine (on your back), then how to quickly and efficiently get out of that position. It could mean rolling to the left or right, "scooting" back by pushing off with your legs, rolling back to land on your feet so you can move, etc.

Hydrashok:
Mmm... not sure I know how to do that to well and is important now that you mention it ,I'll try to figure it out this weekend, maybe you could post a video on the subject ,just with dry fire will do,I think it will be very aprecciated on the forum...


kcolg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasCHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Those individuals who would otherwise discourage you from practicing while lying on your back should prehaps rethink their own shooting positions. In the real world, a gun fight will very seldom happen in the ideal situation which allows for the shooter to stand in the perfect shooting stance. In reality, a person will be shooting around corners, while lying on the ground both on their stomachs as well as their backs, free handed and a host of other impossible shooting stances. If you do not practice shooting from these positions, how can a person expect to gain confidence and accuracy while shooting like this?

In other words, keep shooting the way you want to, because your doing all the good. Although I wouldn't recommend this to be your only method of practice shooting.


__________________
Texas Concealed Handgun Classes for the Southeast Texas area.
Texas CHL License
TexasCHL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 146
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCHL View Post
Those individuals who would otherwise discourage you from practicing while lying on your back should prehaps rethink their own shooting positions. In the real world, a gun fight will very seldom happen in the ideal situation which allows for the shooter to stand in the perfect shooting stance. In reality, a person will be shooting around corners, while lying on the ground both on their stomachs as well as their backs, free handed and a host of other impossible shooting stances. If you do not practice shooting from these positions, how can a person expect to gain confidence and accuracy while shooting like this?

In other words, keep shooting the way you want to, because your doing all the good. Although I wouldn't recommend this to be your only method of practice shooting.
I agree with you 100%, as a matter of fact I get a little worried sometimes about friends who have guns for self defense and practice very little and when they do it's usually in your regular line at the range only, and as you say in real life anything can happen.
Thanks for your input.
kcolg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta,TEXAS!
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolg View Post
Hydrashok:
Mmm... not sure I know how to do that to well and is important now that you mention it ,I'll try to figure it out this weekend, maybe you could post a video on the subject ,just with dry fire will do,I think it will be very aprecciated on the forum...
I can't make/post a video now... I'm in Iraq for a couple more months, and our internet is WAY to slow to be uploading videos. (trust me, I've tried...)

When I get back, I'll be making quite a few videos on my range.
__________________
-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com
hydrashok is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Are you saying that your gameplan is to fall over on your ass and fight that way?
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

No, he's saying that you should add that drill to your training list in case you have to fight on your back for whatever reason (i.e. trying to back up to cover, and you trip).
__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 146
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I can't make/post a video now... I'm in Iraq for a couple more months, and our internet is WAY to slow to be uploading videos. (trust me, I've tried...)

When I get back, I'll be making quite a few videos on my range.
I didn't know you where in Iraq. Good luck up there and with your range,we'll be waiting for those vids
kcolg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
No, he's saying that you should add that drill to your training list in case you have to fight on your back for whatever reason (i.e. trying to back up to cover, and you trip).
He may want to edit his post, because that's not how it reads...
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 146
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Falling on your back on purpose or tripping by accident,after watching the video Mike309d posted I believe now that the drill is worth practicing...
kcolg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolg View Post
Falling on your back on purpose or tripping by accident,after watching the video Mike309d posted I believe now that the drill is worth practicing...
YouTube - the terrorist in the saudi arabia
Affirmative! Practice and practice a lot and more importantly, hold on to your firearm and keep the BG in your sites and firearm up as you fall.


__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads