Shooting on your back (with video) - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shooting on your back (with video)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Practice transitioning from standing to supine (on your back), then how to quickly and efficiently get out of that position. It could mean rolling to the left or right, "scooting" back by pushing off with your legs, rolling back to land on your feet so you can move, etc.

Hydrashok:
Mmm... not sure I know how to do that to well and is important now that you mention it ,I'll try to figure it out this weekend, maybe you could post a video on the subject ,just with dry fire will do,I think it will be very aprecciated on the forum...

Old 06-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #22

Those individuals who would otherwise discourage you from practicing while lying on your back should prehaps rethink their own shooting positions. In the real world, a gun fight will very seldom happen in the ideal situation which allows for the shooter to stand in the perfect shooting stance. In reality, a person will be shooting around corners, while lying on the ground both on their stomachs as well as their backs, free handed and a host of other impossible shooting stances. If you do not practice shooting from these positions, how can a person expect to gain confidence and accuracy while shooting like this?

In other words, keep shooting the way you want to, because your doing all the good. Although I wouldn't recommend this to be your only method of practice shooting.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCHL View Post
Those individuals who would otherwise discourage you from practicing while lying on your back should prehaps rethink their own shooting positions. In the real world, a gun fight will very seldom happen in the ideal situation which allows for the shooter to stand in the perfect shooting stance. In reality, a person will be shooting around corners, while lying on the ground both on their stomachs as well as their backs, free handed and a host of other impossible shooting stances. If you do not practice shooting from these positions, how can a person expect to gain confidence and accuracy while shooting like this?

In other words, keep shooting the way you want to, because your doing all the good. Although I wouldn't recommend this to be your only method of practice shooting.
I agree with you 100%, as a matter of fact I get a little worried sometimes about friends who have guns for self defense and practice very little and when they do it's usually in your regular line at the range only, and as you say in real life anything can happen.
Thanks for your input.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolg View Post
Hydrashok:
Mmm... not sure I know how to do that to well and is important now that you mention it ,I'll try to figure it out this weekend, maybe you could post a video on the subject ,just with dry fire will do,I think it will be very aprecciated on the forum...
I can't make/post a video now... I'm in Iraq for a couple more months, and our internet is WAY to slow to be uploading videos. (trust me, I've tried...)

When I get back, I'll be making quite a few videos on my range.

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Are you saying that your gameplan is to fall over on your ass and fight that way?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

No, he's saying that you should add that drill to your training list in case you have to fight on your back for whatever reason (i.e. trying to back up to cover, and you trip).

Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I can't make/post a video now... I'm in Iraq for a couple more months, and our internet is WAY to slow to be uploading videos. (trust me, I've tried...)

When I get back, I'll be making quite a few videos on my range.
I didn't know you where in Iraq. Good luck up there and with your range,we'll be waiting for those vids

Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
No, he's saying that you should add that drill to your training list in case you have to fight on your back for whatever reason (i.e. trying to back up to cover, and you trip).
He may want to edit his post, because that's not how it reads...

Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Falling on your back on purpose or tripping by accident,after watching the video Mike309d posted I believe now that the drill is worth practicing...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #30

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolg View Post
Falling on your back on purpose or tripping by accident,after watching the video Mike309d posted I believe now that the drill is worth practicing...
YouTube - the terrorist in the saudi arabia
Affirmative! Practice and practice a lot and more importantly, hold on to your firearm and keep the BG in your sites and firearm up as you fall.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Newest Threads