shooting road signs - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > shooting road signs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
It bothers me that you're towing a trailer unlawfully.
Huh, are you kiddin' me? It's a 4x6 foot trailer that was given to me as part of a trade. It didn't have plates or a serial number, the state said it would be 6 months before they could get me a VIN so I could get plates for it and it had to be towed to the house. I still don't have plates for it because I hardly ever use outside my yard and plan on buying a bigger trailer soon.

Also, Indiana has laws that say we have to have plates on trailers but unofficially it's not enforced. I was told that by several troopers that I know as I was told that as long as they can see the lights on the tow vehicle your fine. This trailer is lower than the rear bumber on my 01 Dakota so the lights are easily visible.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #22

Went to the Coon Dog Cemetery in Tuscumbia, AL on my trip to see Todd Nelson (Stock Fitter) and one of the signs had several bullet holes in it. It really p!@#$%d me off.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #23

Jeez, disrespecting coon dogs! What HAS this world come to?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #24

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Idiots that shoot up road signs are the ones ruining it for the rest of us. Just my 2 cents...

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #25

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Back in south dakota when me and my friends went hunting and such i had a hard time finding a stop sign that was blasted away. Most the ones i saw appear to have been shot at by a shot gun. I cant stand immature people handling firearms. It give good responsible firearms owners like most the people on this forum a bad name.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #26

Liked 207 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Bullet holes in sign.........head scratcher

I live in a small town in a remote corner or Arctic Northwest Alaska the airport is right next to the town its fenced and had a state maintained road past the end the runway to the radar site (national defence)and the city dump the airport sign by the end the gate to the airport is 120 feet away form the closest building there are several holes from what appear to be a rifle in the airport sign they had to be standing right next to the officebuilding to put them holes in the sign not to mention the bullets would have carried on across the runway approach and the national weather service buildings on down the way the bullets would have traveld Kinds makes a fella scracth his head wondering where them slugs ended up, what the hell were they thinking?
They was probibly drunk and when drunk all sorts of stupid stuff happens.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #27

i was watching a show on discovery channel other day . think was building it bigger or something. but he was in Alaska showing how much harder everyday life is up there. one of the crews he worked with. the local kids where shooting at the power lines and the insulators. i was like wtf.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:22 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I took the scenic route (country roads to avoid the highway) home the other day mainly because my trailer has no plates and the tailights don't work. Anyways I came to a four-way and stopped, just happened to look up at the stop sign and it's full of bullet holes. Someone had pierced it with what looked like high-powered rifle rounds and dented it with handgun rounds. Does this bother anyone else? I mean I really don't care about the sign but what would happen if my son is riding his bike over the next hill and some stupid idiot decides he wants to blow a hole in a new stop sign? I am young at 24 but I was taught from a young age about guns and gun safety. I have my father who was in the national guard to thank for that.
Do you know where Scottsburg is?

Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #29

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudW View Post
Do you know where Scottsburg is?
Yup, my wife's uncle lives in Scottburg. I've been there a couple of times, once to go fishing and the other time to pour a concrete floor.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Yup, my wife's uncle lives in Scottburg. I've been there a couple of times, once to go fishing and the other time to pour a concrete floor.
I have family there.