shooting road signs - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > shooting road signs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You know... I had at one time thought this would be fun to do, but by the time I purchased a gun I was much more mature. It's a pretty immature thing to do IMO, we have gun ranged for that don't we??

Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I am a real hardazz when it comes to gun safety. I speak up when I see people to stupid stuff. If I can get one person to follow safety rules more carefully, thats one less idiot to mess it up for the rest of us.

I do not promote shooting signs. Its dangerous to innocent people nearby, and gives the rest of us gun owners a bad name.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #13

Wait till there a police officer shooting radar and hears the shot. When he shines that light on your arm and see's all the powder you'll be in some big ass trouble!!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Shot up road signs are one of my pet peeves. My older brother shot one when I was 10. I said "What if a car had been coming by?" Neither of us has shot one since.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #15

Road signs, power lines, private property, mail boxes, wanton waste of game. There are idiots all around. Unfortunately, a few of them have guns.

These guys are obviously idiots, because they are willing to risk their right to own guns by doing stupid and illegal acts.

If you know one of these jamokes, explain that he can lose his gun rights for the rest of his life. He can become a federally prohibited person by just putting a bullet hole in a mail box. And he is putting shooting sports in a very bad light with the public. We do NOT need any bad publicity at this time! Talk some sense into him, if you can.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #16

It bothers me that you're towing a trailer unlawfully.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2450 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Shooting at road signs is the official past time for Okie rednecks.

The sign that shot back:

When we lived in WV there was a Forest Service sign about one half mile from our house that someone had shot.

There had been a search for for hunter who did not return home. He was found dead, drilled right between the running lights. There was a forest Service sign about 20 yards away with an entry and an exit hole in it about 1.5" apart. The bullet hit the u-post that held the sign, turned around, came back and killed the guy.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #18

Thats what i call poetic justice. Around here they dont really shoot signs with guns...real guns anyway. However apparently street signs are fair game for paintball guns lol.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 AM   #19
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have never understod the street sign hunters but it seems to be a nation wide thing based on all of the responses. I don't know what the charge would be if you were caught doing this but it should prevent you from ever owning a firearm again.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
It bothers me that you're towing a trailer unlawfully.
This is a firearms forum son, Romper Room is down the street...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"