Shooting from behind barricade?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shooting from behind barricade??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #21
AOK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

As for the diagram at hand, I would still suggest changing the battlefield.
"Come into my parlor" said the spider to the fly
Just a question, based on the diagram aren't you are going to give the intruder a cover or at least concealment if you move to the other corner? Please corect me if I'm wrong but if the intruder slices the pie at the corner your target would be a lot smaller than if he is in a hallway in the wide open. The only benefit I could see in doing that is if you were moving back to cover and he will only have concealment at the corner. Maybe that angle feels a little awkward for some people but I don't know if I would want to give up my advantage of having him out in the open while I'm behind cover or concealment.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:36 AM   #22

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK View Post
Just a question, based on the diagram aren't you are going to give the intruder a cover or at least concealment if you move to the other corner? Please corect me if I'm wrong but if the intruder slices the pie at the corner your target would be a lot smaller than if he is in a hallway in the wide open. The only benefit I could see in doing that is if you were moving back to cover and he will only have concealment at the corner. Maybe that angle feels a little awkward for some people but I don't know if I would want to give up my advantage of having him out in the open while I'm behind cover or concealment.

This would be your main objective. By moving back and the BG moving forward, you have the advantage to gain cover or concealment before the BG approaches. At that point if the BG continues forward past the corner of the wall, he is then in the open and subject to fatal fire while you are in a hidden position and the BG needs time to find out where you are at.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK View Post
I think the sketch is partially completed. You need to wait until the BG is in the hallway...maybe 1/3 the way so he is not too close and doesn't have any cover or easy retreat as well.

That is what I will do... in a perfect world .