Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
several states have that same law. body armor has been used in felony criminal acts before. my point is, i seriously doubt, the average home invader is going to go out with body armor on, when he does a home invasion.

just in case they do, if shots center mass are not working to stop the threat, then start aiming elsewhere. head or pelvis.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but "average home invader" really gave me a chuckle.

You are right that most home invaders won't be armored up, but with my luck, I'll get the one that is. That's one reason why my house gun is a 1911. It's gonna hurt. Hopefully it will be enough to stop things without having to take a life. That is without a doubt one of the last things I ever want to do.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but "average home invader" really gave me a chuckle.

You are right that most home invaders won't be armored up, but with my luck, I'll get the one that is. That's one reason why my house gun is a 1911. It's gonna hurt. Hopefully it will be enough to stop things without having to take a life. That is without a doubt one of the last things I ever want to do.
i was being generous! i think we can agree that most criminals are not the brightest Crayons in the box to begin with.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2404 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 325

I have a special present for anyone who comes in my house wearing anything less than level IV hard armor. It's called 30 rounds of M855 all wrapped up nice, neat and ready to be delivered in a RRA Entry Tactical. That's my house gun.

If you want to mess somebody up in a vest and don't have a rifle handy, (almost any rifle will zip through soft armor like its not even there) try a good old fashioned 12 gauge with a slug. It won't punch through the vest and kill them, but it will definitely knock them for a loop.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/04/28/shot-officer-i-hung-up-without-telling-her-i-loved-her/

Picked this cop up and slung him through the air. Thank God he survived. I've heard of slugs breaking ribs through Kevlar too.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-13-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #24
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3288 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I will say it again: I am the "injured" in a Body armor failure. The t-Shirt vest(level 2) was a gift from a career military & Federal LE ( my Dad) who wanted to see his son come back alive from the Middle East in 1983. I made it out of that, but just days later We would be "invading" Grenada,...
The AK-74 rd. was fired from on top of a hill, less then 100 feet from our aircraft, which was already shot up and was trying to avoid the hill to "crash land" in a field beyond....on the 28th of this monthly will be h 30th Annv, of that day. I will drink a toast the that slug, which remains in me to this day, that penetrated my vest, but bounced off a coin inside my copy of the Talmud that went with me everywhere.
My Nephew in law is now the holder of that copy of the Talmud, a Methodist minister who also reads Hebrew a whole lot better then me, I hope it finds him the strength and courage to deal with the influx of wounded warriors in his Parrish. I also hope he can red around the bullet hole. He has asked me to speak at a conference of ministers he runs in the Philly area in a few weeks. I'm excited to do so, but have put my Army book on hold to finish my Football book at the urging of my book agent...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
CJx

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

That was crazy. The perp ran to his car and jumped in like the cop missed every shot... and the perp died from the cops gunshots.... crazy.

You might be a libertarian if you wonder why the definition of liberal contradicts with their views, and why conservatives don't conserve crap.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post
That was crazy. The perp ran to his car and jumped in like the cop missed every shot... and the perp died from the cops gunshots.... crazy.
You would be flat out amazed at the number of shooting victims that remain in the fight long after they should be down. This is why when people tell me their caliber is going to stop the fight I just laugh in their face.

Shot placement will stop the fight, nothing else. You have three targets on the human attacker that will stop him from being a threat right this minute. From a frontal view two of those targets are roughly the size of your fist, and the other one is roughly the size of a short fat crayon. Your only other options are massive blood loss and sucking chest wound. Neither one of those can be counted on to stop the attack right now.

I know it's all academic, but I would really like to know whether the trooper was hit before or after he hit the bad guy. It's nothing more than my morbid curiosity, but I would still like to know.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #27

there are three ways a gun will stop a BG.

the mere presentation of that gun at which he either scurries off or surrenders.

a non-capacitating hit that causes him enough pain that he wishes to not do any further bad actions on his part.

a capacitating hit that leaves him unable to do further bad things because he is bleeding out or dead.

and just a reminder, just because he's laying on the ground bleeding, does not remove the fact that he can still be a danger. bleeding can mean dying or just injured. he can still be a threat.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I agree Axxe, the only way a pistol stops someone on the first shot is:

a) They gave up cuz it hurt/scared them

b) A direct strike to the CNS.

Otherwise, they can continue fighting until blood loss causes them to lose consciousness.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I agree Axxe, the only way a pistol stops someone on the first shot is:

a) They gave up cuz it hurt/scared them

b) A direct strike to the CNS.

Otherwise, they can continue fighting until blood loss causes them to lose consciousness.
and to further compound the danger is if they are hyped on drugs or adrenaline. if so, they may not even feel pain or pay attention to the big hole gushing blood.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

[QUOTE="Axxe55"] and to further compound the danger is if they are hyped on drugs or adrenaline. if so, they may not even feel pain or pay attention to the big hole gushing blood.[/QUOTE

Or if they're just slap throwed off.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Axxe55 Likes This