Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
even when wearing body armor, people can still end up with internal injuries from being shot. body armor only increases your odds of survival if shot. it doesn't make a person bulletproof.
That's what I'm saying, busted ribs, collapsed lungs, bleeding organs...unpleasant...

But try to convince a gun grabber of that... To them, it makes you the frickin' Terminator...
Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
That's what I'm saying, busted ribs, collapsed lungs, bleeding organs...unpleasant...

But try to convince a gun grabber of that... To them, it makes you the frickin' Terminator...
exactly. depending on what a person was shot with and at what distance makes a lot of difference, but many people have suffered internal injuries and broken bones when shot wearing body armor.

but they were not bleeding out and by wearing the armor, their survival odds were greatly increased.
vincent Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer

Home invaders are wearing body armor in some cases. They break into gun shops to get weapons, ammo and body armor. Then they go on a crime spree well armed, with protection from handgun fire.
Are you sure about this, there aren't many people breaking into gun shops- for obvious reasons. And I'm pretty sure that gun stores are heavily, heavily secured- similar to a bank.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 10-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Are you sure about this, there aren't many people breaking into gun shops- for obvious reasons. And I'm pretty sure that gun stores are heavily, heavily secured- similar to a bank.
Meh...I can remember 4 instances here in NC in the past year where idjuts broke into gun shops...twice at the same store. At one they drive a van through the front door, (not much you can do about that...they got caught). The other, the kid came in through the ceiling from the rooftop air handler. He got away the first time but they got him the second...

A lot of the stores are not free standing structures, but are part of strip malls so they have to go with the setup they are given which isn't really ideal as far as security goes...

I haven't heard anything about the stolen goodies being used to steal more goodies, not saying it hasn't happened, just that I haven't heard of it...

Last edited by vincent; 10-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Meh...I can remember 4 instances here in NC in the past year where idjuts broke into gun shops...twice at the same store. At one they drive a van through the front door, (not much you can do about that). The other, the kid came in through the ceiling from the rooftop air handler. He got away the first time but they got him the second...

A lot of the stores are not free standing structures, but are part of strip malls so they have to go with the setup they are given which isn't really ideal as far as security goes...
but even so, with most having alarm systems, it's not like the thieves have unlimited time to browse and shop around. pretty much a hit and run robbery. in fast and out fast if they want to get away.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #16

Quote:
but even so, with most having alarm systems, it's not like the thieves have unlimited time to browse and shop around. pretty much a hit and run robbery. in fast and out fast if they want to get away.
That's exactly how homie did it the second time...video showed him pull a duffle bag out, smash glass display cases, loot 'n scoot. He wasn't in the store more than 30 seconds. They got him in the parking lot next door, he had 20 handguns and a bunch of ammo...

I was a downtown area so I guess that explains the impressive response time...

Still a big headache for the owner though...

Old 10-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #17

Quote:
That's exactly how homie did it the second time...video showed him pull a duffle bag out, smash glass display cases, loot 'n scoot. He wasn't in the store more than 30 seconds. They got him in the parking lot next door, he had 20 handguns and a bunch of ammo...

I was a downtown area so I guess that explains the impressive response time...

Still a big headache for the owner though...
amateur thieves generally do more damage than the pros do!
People Like This 
Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #18

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

http://ww2.gazette.net/gazette_archive/1997/199714/silverspring/news/a55992-1.html

"Watkins' total bond includes $5 million for the five armed robberies and $2.5 million for six counts of theft in which Watkins and Edwards allegedly stole property from county police vehicles, including two handguns, a bulletproof vest and a police scanner radio. Watkins remains in custody at the county jail.
Police say that same equipment was used by the suspects in committing eight armed robberies in the county since Jan. 25. The robbers, who victims said at times used British or Australian accents, would strike between 3 a.m. and 5:30 a.m., often awakening victims at gunpoint and demanding cash."

Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
please provide some links to eduacate us on this being ongoing.
I can't provide links on it, but I do know we have a statute about body armor during the commission of certain crimes. It adds another felony to the list. It seems to me if it wasn't at least a small problem they wouldn't have felt obligated to make the law.

Quote:
775.0846 Possession of bulletproof vest while committing certain offenses.—
(1) As used in this section, the term “bulletproof vest” means a bullet-resistant soft body armor providing, as a minimum standard, the level of protection known as “threat level I,” which shall mean at least seven layers of bullet-resistant material providing protection from three shots of 158-grain lead ammunition fired from a .38 caliber handgun at a velocity of 850 feet per second.
(2) No person may possess a bulletproof vest while, acting alone or with one or more other persons, he or she commits or attempts to commit any murder, sexual battery, robbery, burglary, arson, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, kidnapping, escape, breaking and entering with intent to commit a felony, criminal gang-related offense under chapter 874, controlled substance offense under chapter 893, or aircraft piracy and such possession is in the course of and in furtherance of any such crime.
(3) Any person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I can't provide links on it, but I do know we have a statute about body armor during the commission of certain crimes. It adds another felony to the list. It seems to me if it wasn't at least a small problem they wouldn't have felt obligated to make the law.
several states have that same law. body armor has been used in felony criminal acts before. my point is, i seriously doubt, the average home invader is going to go out with body armor on, when he does a home invasion.

just in case they do, if shots center mass are not working to stop the threat, then start aiming elsewhere. head or pelvis.