Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4328 Times on 1463 Posts
Likes Given: 1347

Default Shoot Until the Threat is no longer a Threat

Here's a good example.
What do you think ?

http://bearingarms.com/no-such-thing-as-a-magic-bullet/

NSDQ

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

While I agree to keep shooting until he's no longer a threat, I can't tell if he was even hit. Could just be my eyes.

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #3

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Being the newbee that I am I asked the same question on this forum. Axxe55 replied with exactly what is in the post. "...until the threat is no longer a threat".

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Same reason for when I go target shooting in the outdoors, I eject the shotgun shell, or on a bolt action rifle I eject the spent round as fast as I can once I have fired, just to keep myself 'trained' in a situation like this, or with a pissed off animal. Shooting once, and then looking to see if you hit your target could get you killed in a moment just like this

Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4328 Times on 1463 Posts
Likes Given: 1347

Here's more.

Published on Oct 4, 2013

Oregon State Police Thursday released a dramatic video showing the gun battle that unfolded in August on Interstate 84 about 100 miles east of Portland, ending in the death of a Portland motorist.

The freeway confrontation lasted only moments, according to the patrol car video from the Aug. 29 episode. The video, released to The Oregonian after a public records request, starts as Trooper Matt Zistel stops a Cadillac driven by John Van Allen, 34. Allen had three of his children with him that afternoon as he pulled over near Biggs Junction.

The video shows Allen stepping out of his car and assuming a military pose. After Zistel repeatedly tells him to get back in his car, Allen pulls a pistol from his waistband, advancing on Zistel and firing. The video doesn't show Zistel.

After shots are fired, the video shows Allen returning to his car and driving off. He was shot in the chest but the video shows no obvious injury.

Zistel radios, "Shots fired" and then moments later, "I've been hit in the side. I'm okay."

Responding officers found Zistel suffering a gunshot wound. They found Allen's car a half mile down the freeway, parked on the shoulder. Allen was dead, shot once in the chest.

Zistel was treated for his injury at a hospital in The Dalles and released. He has been on administrative leave. Zistel, 26, has been with the agency five years. In a subsequent investigation, Sherman County District Attorney Wade McLeod concluded Zistel was justified in shooting Allen.

Relatives said Allen was returning to his native South Carolina at the time of shooting. They said the aggressive action was out of character. He moved to Portland from Pittsburgh. He served in the U.S. Army Reserve as a construction engineer from 2009 until 2012.Fatal Shootout on Interstate 84 in Oregon

NSDQ

People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19584 Times on 11115 Posts
Likes Given: 49298

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Being the newbee that I am I asked the same question on this forum. Axxe55 replied with exactly what is in the post. "...until the threat is no longer a threat".
thank you for saying that.

i have heard people say how many does it take to make a BG no longer a threat? there is no known number. it depends on many things. too many to ever give a conclusive answer to. might be one round, or it might be ten rounds or more.

i have also heard, what if the BG is wearing armor? well if center mass shots are not stopping him, shoot him elsewhere. not likely to happen, but it could happen, that a BG is wearing armor.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1351 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
thank you for saying that.

i have heard people say how many does it take to make a BG no longer a threat? there is no known number. it depends on many things. too many to ever give a conclusive answer to. might be one round, or it might be ten rounds or more.

i have also heard, what if the BG is wearing armor? well if center mass shots are not stopping him, shoot him elsewhere. not likely to happen, but it could happen, that a BG is wearing armor.
Home invaders are wearing body armor in some cases. They break into gun shops to get weapons, ammo and body armor. Then they go on a crime spree well armed, with protection from handgun fire.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Home invaders are wearing body armor in some cases. They break into gun shops to get weapons, ammo and body armor. Then they go on a crime spree well armed, with protection from handgun fire.
please provide some links to eduacate us on this being ongoing.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #9

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4284

I've never heard of that either...

Gotta figure, if someone steals a bunch of stuff, they're going to sell it off before they go after more goodies... cough cough DRUG MONEY cough cough But I'm not a criminal so what the hell do I know...

I have a hard time believing, (that since criminals are nothing but gutless COWARDS) they'd have the balls to stand and take live fire. I imagine even with body armor, that sh*t HAS to hurt!!

But I guess that's why we practice headshots too...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I've never heard of that either...

Gotta figure, if someone steals a bunch of stuff, they're going to sell it off before they go after more goodies... cough cough DRUG MONEY cough cough But I'm not a criminal so what the hell do I know...

I have a hard time believing, (that since criminals are nothing but gutless COWARDS) they'd have the balls to stand and take live fire. I imagine even with body armor, that sh*t HAS to hurt!!

But I guess that's why we practice headshots too...
even when wearing body armor, people can still end up with internal injuries from being shot. body armor only increases your odds of survival if shot. it doesn't make a person bulletproof.