SCT / Carbine Course I / Northern California
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > SCT / Carbine Course I / Northern California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SCT / Carbine Course I / Northern California

Carbine Course I

Date - May 15th, 2010 0830 to 1630
Instructor - J. Paletta / A. Moe
Location - Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

This is a basic class that will cover zeroing your rifle, mechanical offset, sight alignment, trigger and breathing control, Loading /unloading, type I and type III malfunctions, shooting positions (standing, kneeling, prone), and care/maintenance

All payments due five days prior to course. There will be a fifty percent cancellation fee, unless prior arrangements have been made with Stone Cobra Tactical staff.

Needed:

Good attitude, AR-15 series rifle (To be inspected by Instructor), Eye/Ear protection, 300 rounds, Minimum 3 magazines, Pants with cargo pockets (Recommended), Knee/elbow pads (Highly Recommended), Hat / Sunscreen, Water / Hydrate! Hydrate!

Bring your lunch; we will be eating on the range!

Price: $150.00

Instructors Bio's-

Jason Paletta

Jason has over eleven years of law enforcement experience with the last six years being assigned to his department SWAT Team as an Operator where he is still currently assigned. Jason is a certified Armorer for Glock handguns and the AR-15 series rifle and carbine. Jason's past assignments consist of Department Range Master, Gang Investigator, Tactical Baton Instructor, and Taser Instructor.

Jason currently has a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and has been a firearms instructor since 2003 for a Northern California P.O.S.T. police academy. Along with Jason's firearms experience, he is a Executive Board Member for the Northern California Gang Investigators Association.

During his role as an instructor, Jason has taught courses such as officer down drills, active shooter drills along with basic and advanced tactics with the use of firearms. Prior to Jason's law enforcement career, he served as a weapon squad team leader with the 82nd Airborne Division in the U.S. Army where he was also tasked with teaching tactics and being a firearms instructor. With Jason's past experience and training, he has taught firearms skills to novice firearm handlers at the police academy to the veteran law enforcement officer.

Aaron Moe

Aaron is a full-time police officer, for a North Valley law enforcement agency. Aaron has over 13 years of law enforcement experience. During his career Aaron has held the following assignments, patrol officer, gang investigator, SWAT Team Member, firearms instructor, and Sniper. Aaron has extensive experience in providing both tactical and firearms training to law enforcement personnel.

jpaletta@stonecobratactical.com

"Train like your life depends on it"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't have an AR type rifle, I have a Garand. (I'm old ) But I am a member of Sac Valley and shoot there often.

If you haven't been there, it's one of the nicest ranges in the West.

I hope your class is successful.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't have an AR type rifle, I have a Garand. (I'm old ) But I am a member of Sac Valley and shoot there often.

If you haven't been there, it's one of the nicest ranges in the West.

I hope your class is successful.
Love the Garand! I conduct all of my trainings at Sac Valley. They are very professional and a top notch range.

Maybe we will run into each other out there!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Look for an Italian old gray haired guy with a '43 Garand or an old 1911.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sounds like fun, always wanted to shoot out there when I lived in California, but never did. Maybe one time soon, I'll get out there.

Good luck, have fun!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #6

We will travel to you if you have a range available and a class of no less than 10 students. Another plus is if you put the class together, we will comp your spot.