Safety Test - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Safety Test

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
JD-
As I indicated, some of this stuff happened to me,

This week, in fact, 21 guards from more than one company shot the ICE course together and only 4 passed in two tries. Part of the reason was an FPS monitor who subtracted 15 points for an unsnapped mag pouch etc.
Rentacop -

I am going to be honest with you.

I went to Valhalla in Colorado and went through their combat pistol course.

I passed, but I am a civlian and I wasn't testing for any pay grade.

I have met, and socialized with, Rob Pincus himself.

Rob is a member here, and stops by occassionally to post his opinions.

In my time at Valhalla, I got to see the pictures and read some of the comments from SWAT Teams and other "teams" that were framed and hanging on the walls there, thanking Rob and his training team for their time, coaching and their new instruction in Combat Focus.

This is not a small list, I have to be honest with you.

I can guarantee you that Rob, and his staff, were not placating me as a paying guest, as my second ever conversation with Rob was started by him critizing my drink of choice in the club bar PRIOR to my ever taking the pistol course.

I would be surprised, and I am talking honestly SURPRISED, if the men you are talking about failed because of "cheap" points being taken away unless your testing criteria is specified to the letter.

I can assure anyone reading this that Rob Pincus is a man well respected in the industry, and one who does NOT want the blood of anyone he has come in contact with, on his Soul.

If this continuing thread is your personal experience, then let us leave it at that.

But, if you can't post some specific links ( pictures of failed reports, links to on line failed reports, links to claims of abuse filed against ICE ) to these claims of "widespread abuse", I am going to have to insist that you cease posting what you "heard" as fact.

That is not how things are done here in the FTF Community.

Respectfully,

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

After looking through the laundry list of complaints against the company you work for, I have to ask:

What are you doing about it, other than venting to us on this forum? I know you mentioned OHSA, but they won't touch the alleged sub-standard performance of personnel.

Have you contacted any agencies? Are there other employees that have the same view of the company as you? If so, have you talked to them?

You are painting a picture of these range officials as crude people that are impossible to please, and seem to enjoy taking away qual points, and causing range failures, etc....

I will be honest, usually when you see this type of complaining, it's from someone that did not perform to standard, and is now bitter about it (the textbook every one else did wrong except me syndrome).

If you have been truly wronged, and you feel this company is mistreating it's employees and it's clients, you need to stop wasting time venting on this forum, and take your information to a competent authority to address this issue.

We cannot help you, and honestly, it is extremely unprofessional to bad mouth your own company on a very, very public internet forum.

hydrashock posted:

Quote:
Look at SGT Miller... guess who pays for his range time, firearms, and ammo?? Not the friggin' gov't! HE does! I'd feel better about clearing a house with him than I would a lot of boys in blue!
Thanks for the compliment, hydrashock. I'll gladly watch your 6 (or have you watch my 6) anytime, bro.
__________________
"TRAIN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAVE."

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 08-28-2009 at 01:45 AM.
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dunerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence, Oregon
Posts: 8,481
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I can't believe this thread is still open!

countdowntolock_mbe.gif

__________________
dunerunner is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,021
Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

I've said all I need to say on these matters of government security. I'm willing to end the discussion now. I've made it plain that I've done a lot of whistle-blowing to federal agencies to no avail. I'm not a whiner. I'm an activist. End of discussion.

__________________
Rentacop is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Rentacop -

I am going to be honest with you.

I went to Valhalla in Colorado and went through their combat pistol course.

I passed, but I am a civlian and I wasn't testing for any pay grade.

I have met, and socialized with, Rob Pincus himself.

Rob is a member here, and stops by occassionally to post his opinions.

In my time at Valhalla, I got to see the pictures and read some of the comments from SWAT Teams and other "teams" that were framed and hanging on the walls there, thanking Rob and his training team for their time, coaching and their new instruction in Combat Focus.

This is not a small list, I have to be honest with you.

I can guarantee you that Rob, and his staff, were not placating me as a paying guest, as my second ever conversation with Rob was started by him critizing my drink of choice in the club bar PRIOR to my ever taking the pistol course.

I would be surprised, and I am talking honestly SURPRISED, if the men you are talking about failed because of "cheap" points being taken away unless your testing criteria is specified to the letter.

I can assure anyone reading this that Rob Pincus is a man well respected in the industry, and one who does NOT want the blood of anyone he has come in contact with, on his Soul.

If this continuing thread is your personal experience, then let us leave it at that.

But, if you can't post some specific links ( pictures of failed reports, links to on line failed reports, links to claims of abuse filed against ICE ) to these claims of "widespread abuse", I am going to have to insist that you cease posting what you "heard" as fact.

That is not how things are done here in the FTF Community.

Respectfully,

JD
While ICE in one form is Rob Pincus's company, I believe he is referring to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement standard. In fact, in his previous session of complaining that sub-standard guards should get to keep their jobs because they've had them for a long time, he mentioned that Pincus would not approve of the qualification course. He was wrong, but he mentioned it regardless...
__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
While ICE in one form is Rob Pincus's company, I believe he is referring to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement standard. In fact, in his previous session of complaining that sub-standard guards should get to keep their jobs because they've had them for a long time, he mentioned that Pincus would not approve of the qualification course. He was wrong, but he mentioned it regardless...
I missed that part totally, was that in another thread??

Thank you for correcting me, I honestly thought the gripe was with Rob's company I.C.E. and didn't realize it was just an acronym...

My apologies...

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 333
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I missed that part totally, was that in another thread??

Thank you for correcting me, I honestly thought the gripe was with Rob's company I.C.E. and didn't realize it was just an acronym...

My apologies...

JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Gentlemen-
From what I can see, James Yeager, Gabe Suarez, Mas Ayoob, Clint Smith, Todd Jarett and Rob Pincus are 20 years ahead of our Federal Government when it comes to pistolcraft.
Right there.

Quote edited for brevity
__________________
ranger_sxt is offline  
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Mercy Sweet Jesus!!!

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes