Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > A safety reminder we oft times forget

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
opaww, never experienced a hang fire on a modern firearm but have witnessed a couple on black powder guns and that can also be detrimental to someone health. I think we all get a little complacent form time to time, thanks for the reminder.

Brother, shoot straight and stay safe, Joe
had one happen with winchester mod70 in 30-06 using off the shelf remington 180grn soft points. click-wait 2 min-reset the trigger without opening the bolt-click 3 more times in that cycle before the round finally went boom 30 seconds into the wait. good thing i had a grip on the stock so it didnt fall off the shooting table. scared the p@ss outta me. rest of the box no problem.

lots with cheap 22lr.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
opaww, never experienced a hang fire on a modern firearm but have witnessed a couple on black powder guns and that can also be detrimental to someone health. I think we all get a little complacent form time to time, thanks for the reminder.

Brother, shoot straight and stay safe, Joe
same here. first thing they teach us in military for small arms is tap rack bang it your weapon doesnt go off. never really considered a hang fire since i have been in. thanks for the reminder.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."