Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > safety glasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I have been wearing Oakleys since 1986 or 1987. They have always turned out a quality product and they have always been ANSI rated. You can't go wrong with a good pair of Oaks....

JD
Their customer service and warranty has gone to hell. It's caused me to switch over to Smiths. The optical quality on the Smiths is equal to, if not better than, the Oaks. Smith still stands behind their warranties too.

An added bonus of the Smiths is that many of their glasses come with interchangeable lenses. I got a set of polarized sienna brown, polarized RC 22, which is a brown-rose color, mirror yellow and mirror clear. I'm going to order a set or polarized, photo-chromic grey lenses for them too. The extra lenses make them more versatile than any of my Oakleys ever were.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Their customer service and warranty has gone to hell. It's caused me to switch over to Smiths. The optical quality on the Smiths is equal to, if not better than, the Oaks. Smith still stands behind their warranties too.

You know, you are not the first person to ever tell me that. I have personally never had a problem with Oakley, short of a problem with some shorts one time a few years ago. But, with the glasses division, I have never had a problem. Granted, I have been in their system since '86 or '87 and I have registered every pair after buying them, so maybe I qualify for a little extra love since I was there early on. That said, I have heard other people say the same thing, so I can see how public perception, and yours, could be soured.

I have recently had a present purchased for me, my first pair of Revo's, for my birthday. I am not sure how I like them yet, but they look good.

I'll give 'Smiths a look and see if they have anything that suits me.

JD

Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 AM   #13

i wear oakley m frames but you can get hardware store safety glasses that meet Z-87 standards.