Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   S&W Handgun Technique Course (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/s-w-handgun-technique-course-21139/)

DrJason 12-15-2009 02:09 PM

S&W Handgun Technique Course

Over the weekend I went up the Smith and Wesson in Springfield, MA and took the Handgun Technique course which is their "gateway" course to take any of their more advanced courses.

I have to say I was very impressed by the facility and the quality of the instruction, and at the end of the course all of the "students" were asked to critique the course and everybody else felt the same (some were novices and others were "veteran" shooters with many years of experience).

It was an all day course. Half the day was classroom and the other half was at the range. The course topics were; holster work, pivoting, lateral movement while shooting, mag changes, and point shooting. We shot about 150 rounds and did a lot of dry firing too.

I would highly recommend checking out the courses up there to anybody in the New England area that is looking to advance their skills. (BTW, I have no affiliation with them, I'm just a dentist in CT)

Here's a link to their website: Shooting Sports Center, Springfield Massachusetts | Smith & Wesson

IGETEVEN 12-15-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJason (Post 199745)
Over the weekend I went up the Smith and Wesson in Springfield, MA and took the Handgun Technique course which is their "gateway" course to take any of their more advanced courses.

I have to say I was very impressed by the facility and the quality of the instruction, and at the end of the course all of the "students" were asked to critique the course and everybody else felt the same (some were novices and others were "veteran" shooters with many years of experience).

It was an all day course. Half the day was classroom and the other half was at the range. The course topics were; holster work, pivoting, lateral movement while shooting, mag changes, and point shooting. We shot about 150 rounds and did a lot of dry firing too.

I would highly recommend checking out the courses up there to anybody in the New England area that is looking to advance their skills. (BTW, I have no affiliation with them, I'm just a dentist in CT)

Here's a link to their website: Shooting Sports Center, Springfield Massachusetts | Smith & Wesson

Congrats Doc! Welcome to the introductions of real SD shooting tactics. Sounds like they have a very good course curriculum. The advance classes are very hands-on informative and very educational as well. :)

Jack

CA357 12-15-2009 03:17 PM

Sounds good Doc, glad you enjoyed it. :cool:

robocop10mm 12-15-2009 06:05 PM

I would expect nothing less from my beloved S&W team. They always find the competant, personable instuctors. Their staff is chock full of people I would like to have over for dinner. I wish I could say the same of a few other manufacturers who seem to employ transparently camoflaged aZZ holes.

Congrats. I'm sure you will go back for more training now.