Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Range etiquette (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/range-etiquette-92007/)

Spartanpuck4 06-09-2013 12:36 AM

Range etiquette

I was at the range the other day and I was at the 10m fire handguns and a guy ad his about 8 year old son came and set up shop to my left the kid loaded his .22 and proceeded to pelt me with shells while I was firing. I didn't say anything cause I wasn't sure but seems against common sense but any ideas?

johnr1943 06-09-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartanpuck4 (Post 1271520)
I was at the range the other day and I was at the 10m fire handguns and a guy ad his about 8 year old son came and set up shop to my left the kid loaded his .22 and proceeded to pelt me with shells while I was firing. I didn't say anything cause I wasn't sure but seems against common sense but any ideas?

Switch sides..........:D

triggerjob 06-09-2013 01:05 AM

Its just the way it is, if the range doesn't have partitions you get pelted with shells.

Its nice if there is more room between stations but usually there isn't. I preffer to go out into a desert wash and shoot away from others anyway.

Dearhunter 06-09-2013 01:07 AM

Thats the luck of the draw at a shooting range.

AR10 06-09-2013 03:21 AM

You need good wrap around eye protection, a ball cap and hearing protection. You can still get hot brass down your shirt. That will wake a person up.

trip286 06-09-2013 03:30 AM

On a semi empty range, newcomers should never pick a lane where they put a shooter who is already occupying the range directly in the path of their ejected brass, unless they simply have no choice. THAT has nothing to do with "range etiquette", that's just being a courteous and respectful person, something that no one is taught anymore.

On a full range... You just have to learn to deal with it.

therewolf 06-09-2013 03:48 AM

IME, there's plenty of two things of every public

range:

1. Movable screens to prevent just this occurrence.

2. Drooling @$$wipes who think nothing of

spraying others with their brass. These are

the same d!ckle$$ morons who get very upset

if an incoming shell comes within 10 yards of them.

Garadex 06-09-2013 06:56 PM

I always pick the way left lane, haven't been pelted and I doubt I will be.

Jagermeister 06-09-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 1272097)
I always pick the way left lane, haven't been pelted and I doubt I will be.

The last time I went shooting, I was in the furthest left lane at the pistol range. The range official was two lanes to the right of me. He fired his G19. A piece of brass broke off the casing coming out of the ejector, which hit me on my eye protection. Thank God I am believe in safety first. Oh, I guess Glock is trying to get back at me for all the nice things I say about their products.:eek:

KJG67 06-10-2013 04:26 AM

If the range is full not much you can do. But as noted above, if there's opening, ask them to move down a couple of stations.

Did my first CMP match a couple of weeks ago. Guy to my left was shooting an AR and when prone, was spitting casings on my a$$ and legs. The Garand I was shooting was hitting the guy to my right in the head :D. Kept throwing off his sighting trying to make sure they didn't roll down his shirt. We got a good laugh out of it, but there wasn't much we could do.