Preventing the Preventable - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Preventing the Preventable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

All in the main safe except one for quick access in a lock box under the bed. Nothing laying out for the kids to discover. Wife only on the access to them.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #12

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

The anti gunners know if they can get semi auto weapons of one type banned sooner or later they can ban all guns. They will claim bolt actions are sniper weapons. Soon we will have utopia, like they have in Europe.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I quite agree with you, but I can also see the other side in this. Cars are necessary evils that are more than capable of killing even when not intentionally used as a weapon. ...
I quite agree, although driving while drunk is not an appropriate addition to any "necessary evil". I'm guessing here but even a "legally drunk" person knows when they have been drinking and thus drives by intension.

This point is that when a disturbed man-child has access to firearms and ammunition and the drinking person has access to keys and vehicle, then drives, the results can be equally tragic. Of course there's a difference, but the victims of a bad outcome are still, well, still the victims. I think the generally is woefully ignorant of firearms and firearm laws - this is, I know, a generalization yet I believe to be true.

I do of course do see and largely agree with you.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #14

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I do all but one firearm which is with me all the time.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default Police are Law Enforcement Officers

With regard to police, I do not agree with Jeff Cooper - they are not here to protect individuals or people they are here to enforce the law. Albeit, at times they do protect individuals and the people while they are enforcing the law , hence the title "Law Enforcement Officer".

Last edited by johnr43; 01-02-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There are some very irresponsible gun owners in society. I have read stories of even law enforcement officers being irresponsible with their
firearms at home and their children being injuried or worse.
The NRA has the Eddie Eagle Firearms safety class.
I live in an anti gun northest big city. Here they won't even promote firearms safety for training children.

Also, these irresponsible firearms owners make it easy for their firearms to be stolen when they don't have them properly secured and locked away.

My two cents.
johnr43 Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #17

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Reminder : www.ruger.com to contact your legislators easily . And yes, I'm expecting the Democrats to suffer big losses in the next election . Long-term, we need the TEA party to hijack the Democratic Party by running conservatives in Democratic primaries . Then, move the party of radicals more to the center and American values.
Join the war of ideas at www.aynrand.org and watch John Stossel on Atlas Shrugged :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QmAzEsrtyo

Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Dad bought me a safe when I moved back it at 21 when I broke up with my girlfriend. Mom dad and I are the only ones with the combination, and its full. I fit everything I can in it, and still have guns laying all over my apartment. Only the cheapest and least likely to be stolen sit outside the safe. We don't really worry about theft here, but I have enough of a collection it warrants a safe. It should prevent anything preventable.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Guns in one combo safe and ammo in another. I have kids so the more deterrent the better piece of mind. The concern is more for guest kids than my own. I'm responsible for protecting both.