Preparing for CCW - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Preparing for CCW


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,536
Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308Wins View Post
I've been around guns most of my life, love them to the core. So the safety of my environment goes above most things with them. But have never been able to conceal carry, still not quite old enough. My question is, do you think gun safety classes would be necessary?
No I do not. When they start requiring people to 'get certified' to vote I will go along with the requirement to 'get certified' to carry a gun!!!
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!
JimRau is offline  
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glock Certified Armorer In Occupied USA
Posts: 2,268
Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

No I do not. When they start requiring people to 'get certified' to vote I will go along with the requirement to 'get certified' to carry a gun!!!
Off topic, but I cannot resist, you have to be 35 to hold office as president, . If you had to be 35 to vote for president, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Throw in requiring a job, home owner, debt free except for home loan and one car and college loans. If I were running things, also require white male, gun owner, and drive an American made car.
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 10,486
Liked 9443 Times on 5104 Posts
Likes Given: 19629

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

Off topic, but I cannot resist, you have to be 35 to hold office as president, . If you had to be 35 to vote for president, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Throw in requiring a job, home owner, debt free except for home loan and one car and college loans. If I were running things, also require white male, gun owner, and drive an American made car.
You brought back a wealth of information from that last Klan rally.
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 06-09-2013 at 12:38 PM.
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,536
Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Off topic, but I cannot resist, you have to be 35 to hold office as president, . If you had to be 35 to vote for president, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Throw in requiring a job, home owner, debt free except for home loan and one car and college loans. If I were running things, also require white male, gun owner, and drive an American made car.
You are correct in concept but there is no 'fair' way to accomplish this. The closest I can come would be to require a 'voter' to prove they have either paid income or property tax!
If you do not have any 'skin' in the game you should not be allowed to play!!!
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 06-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

Off topic, but I cannot resist, you have to be 35 to hold office as president, . If you had to be 35 to vote for president, we would not be in the mess we are in now. Throw in requiring a job, home owner, debt free except for home loan and one car and college loans. If I were running things, also require white male, gun owner, and drive an American made car.
Why specifically white? To me it doesn't matter what you look like.
__________________
I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.
Garadex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glock Certified Armorer In Occupied USA
Posts: 2,268
Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post

Why specifically white? To me it doesn't matter what you look like.
Shurea law will require same thing, except it will be a towel head male.

I am not against any race. I love all of them equally. What I am against Is the blurring of cultures, that forced bussing started in the 70s. Do you think the grandparents of lawmaker Boehner is real excited to welcome their new son in law from Jamacia? It is our liberal schools that has changed the fabric of America, and changed it from a melting pot, to pot heads.

I walk around Wal-Mart, and English is a second language. Folks jabbering away in all sorts of unknown tongues.

If you cannot speak English, I would welcome your tourist dollars, Frank's, pesos, rubles, and in 30 or 90 days when the money runs out, go home!

Last edited by AR10; 06-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

Shurea law will require same thing, except it will be a towel head male.

I am not against any race. I love all of them equally. What I am against Is the blurring of cultures, that forced bussing started in the 70s. Do you think the grandparents of lawmaker Boehner is real excited to welcome their new son in law from Jamacia? It is our liberal schools that has changed the fabric of America, and changed it from a melting pot, to pot heads.

I walk around Wal-Mart, and English is a second language. Folks jabbering away in all sorts of unknown tongues.

If you cannot speak English, I would welcome your tourist dollars, Frank's, pesos, rubles, and in 30 or 90 days when the money runs out, go home!
Ahh okay, I actually agree with you.
__________________
I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.
Garadex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

I am not against any race. I love all of them equally.
Funny co-incidence. I hate all of them equally...

Seriously, as to the topic of CC, IMHO most of the

preparation is mental.

I always recite the mantra-"I am not a LEO, the CIA, FBI, the

A-Team, Captain America, Deputy Dawg, or even Danger Mouse."

CC has given me a reserve of patience for the moronically stupid

in public, and a heightened sense of awareness to avoiding dangerous

situations.

Legal permission to CC is not licensing or bonding to become a police

officer. Nor is it training for armed intervention. Generally, you get a letter

stating much the same with your permit.

Last edited by therewolf; 06-14-2013 at 10:43 PM.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,898
Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308Wins View Post
I've been around guns most of my life, love them to the core. So the safety of my environment goes above most things with them. But have never been able to conceal carry, still not quite old enough. My question is, do you think gun safety classes would be necessary?
Yes. More importantly know and understand the laws that cover CCW - all of it. Questions?, ask an attorney or LEO you trust and is knowledgeable if you're not sure of what something means. This can save you from a boat load of problems. Be safe, be knowledgeable.
johnr1943 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 901
Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308Wins
I've been around guns most of my life, love them to the core. So the safety of my environment goes above most things with them. But have never been able to conceal carry, still not quite old enough. My question is, do you think gun safety classes would be necessary?
The class in Florida was 90% safety!! The other 10 was where and where not to carry! Plus it's required to shoot a gun in the presents of an instructor!! I would suggest you know and study the many laws that are tied to CC!! Or as some has suggested get in touch with Defense Attorney for further knowledge. Just know that CC people have no special rights, other than the fact we can carry!! We all under the same laws equally!! Good luck!! And Happy carry-
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
1st preparing steps? clr8ter Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 33 11-10-2012 01:05 PM
What are we preparing for. tylerjac Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 29 03-24-2012 03:03 PM
Man In MA Arrested Preparing For Martial Law ARnoob Legal and Activism 13 09-19-2010 01:09 PM
Military preparing for US attacks Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 56 11-04-2008 05:34 AM



Newest Threads