Point Shooting and Sighted Fire Integrated. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Point Shooting and Sighted Fire Integrated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If some bastard named 5shot stops by here advocating putting your friggin trigger finger down the side of your pistol, pulling the trigger with your middle finger, then stating how this is a "fatal flaw" in the 1911 platform, I swear to Christ I will ban everyone in this thread!

Point Shooting.

There has been NO SINGLE TOPIC that has caused as much turmoil and stupidity as this one topic.
wow i cant even imagine doing that. id look like a monkey screwing a foot ball

Old 06-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You have access. You go ahead and search through the "fatal flaw in 1911 can be fatal for u" thread and you tell me.

Dumbass to the 10th Degree.
I'm jerkin your chain, yes I remember the pain of the "fatal flaw" on multiple occasions!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'm jerkin your chain, yes I remember the pain of the "fatal flaw" on multiple occasions!
Oh, it's true. I think those two threads led to more reported posts than anything else outside of full blown religion.

That guy completely fits the "cheerio" assessment.

JD

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

OK so besides getting caught up in a long distance phone call-I could not manage to even hold my body weight hanging freely on the bar with just my pinkie and ring fingers,and even when I used my thumb.
I regularly do wide grip pull ups with a weight belt and rep my body weight plus a little extra-so its pretty telling that I cant even hold myself up with this grip.
I could do several pullups with my thumb and pointer finger extended and all the rest around the bar.It was,of course,even easier to do pullups with just my pointer finger in the air.
I would say that gripping anything,especially a tool that you may be fighting for your life with,in such a way that compromises the strength of your grip on that tool-your grip integrity-is not good.

But I really dont want to start any arguments.

You can hold and shoot your gun any way you please,its a free country-but you wont see me doing that middle finger on the trigger thing because I know what positive grip strength is and that just aint it.

As a side note-I dont know why it would be a 'fatal flaw' to have the slide stop/extractor pin the way that it is on the 1911,it would seem to rather be more prone to cause you trouble with ANY gun if your not holding it strongly enough to retain it.

More like a 'fatal operator error' than something wrong with the 1911.....and I'm a HP fan,not a 1911 guy at all,so I'm not trying to defend the 1911 here.

But choosing a gun is a personal thing,IMHO,you have alot of makes,calibers,and models to choose from,and if you want one that you can shoot with your big toe,have at it.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-29-2010 at 03:39 AM.