Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Point shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Point shooting

Good afternoon, everyone...

This week I go for my point shooting class. Except for a few rounds here and there, I've never really practiced this. Any tips or suggestions that you can offer?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

There's a "Point Shooting Class" down here??

Where? I gotta sign up.

Us point shooters are regarded as untouchables () in the FTF Shooting caste system of social stratification.

Maybe taking this class (no pun intended) will elevate me to "Slumdog Millionaire" status.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Start with a .22

Just one...start with a .22, or better yet a CO2 powered Airsoft pistol it's a LOT cheaper than a 9mm or above. If you're in an area where you can shoot after dark, that's great.....easier to not cheat using a pistol w/o night sights.

There was a recent report put out I saw on PoliceOne.com or Officer.com (can't remember which) researchers found that most LEOs involved in shootings didn't use their sights at distances closer than 15 yards, regardless of lighting. From 15 yards and further all of them used their sights.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
There's a "Point Shooting Class" down here??

Where? I gotta sign up.

Us point shooters are regarded as untouchables () in the FTF Shooting caste system of social stratification.

Maybe taking this class (no pun intended) will elevate me to "Slumdog Millionaire" status.

Heh.. I've been ostracized for calling my young, innocent Glock "ugly" :/

Here's the URL:

Pistol Class

Should I hand over the credit card info?

Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #5

Liked 4454 Times on 2352 Posts
Likes Given: 255

best thing is lots of 22lr trigger time mixing in centerfire to keep you hand in. im not sure one can be "taught" to point shoot since thats just another term for instinctive shooting. how can you be taught an instinct??

you need to develop muscle memmory and the only way to do that is by LOTS of shooting.

i think you are better off investing the money in some ammo. or investing it a class you get taught real pistol technique as in sight alignmet grip trigger squeeze.

the more practice you get the faster you get.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...