Places to train in southern California or Arizona?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Places to train in southern California or Arizona?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Places to train in southern California or Arizona?

My birthday is coming up and my parents said I could go to a shooting class for my birthday, problem is I am having trouble finding a place to train at. First off please none of the ''you're a minor stuff''. Now that that's out of the way, I need a place to train at that is near Los Angeles, CA or Phoenix, AZ. Most of the places I find are 4-5 hours from my home or they do just a basic handgun class (I want to take a carbine/rifle course). Is anyone familiar with any places to go in either location? Preferably in Arizona, that way I can put on a NORMAL magazine release. I also cant go over 300$(Maybe a little) for the class or Im using my own money. Ideally I would want to go to tactical response, range time ts or lone operator inc. Sadly those are all on the other side of the country so they are out of the question. I have yet to find a place in either location that is under 2hrs away. I know that lax firing range does courses but whats the point if I need to use a bullet button. Shooters world in az does courses as well but you need to be a ccw holder and they don't have any carbine classes that fit my schedule, which would be any time in early June or throughout July. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 PM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

In Az. I would suggest Gunsite, until you mentioned the $$ Limitation. While Classes at the facility start at 1K and up(except for the CCW Class which is $300), sometimes the Trainers go out to other local ranges to hold classes. Their CH.RSO Ed Stock Taught My "Refresher" Pistol class last Summer at our local Indoor Range, which required 350 Rounds per person. the other suggestion is Gabe SURAEZ of SURAEZ Int'l Combat Shooting. (discounted classes start at $400) he's up here by Me(Prescott). the alternative is to hire a "Private Shooting & Personal Security Consultant" to Train You. If your able to drive up here(about 90-120 Mins. from the Metro Phx) I have some names. All are either retired LE, Retired Military, and in One's Case,..Both...MY Indoor range also offers Classes, but their space in limited(They are in Camp Verde, about 5 Mins. From the I-17 Interchange on Rt 260. I don't know about Carbine, but they Teach: Basic Pistol,Adv.Pistol, Shotgun, Basic Rifle...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...