Our Journey Begins Tomorrow
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Our Journey Begins Tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1295 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default Our Journey Begins Tomorrow

We're so excited, tomorrow we get to pop the cherry We're meeting a long term very good friend at the range!

I'm buying his 22/45 for sure, unless something is really really wrong. He's bringing several other 22's for my wife to shoot, including his wife's fav, the Neos. He's also bringing several other calibers to play with, which begs the question, how many guns does he own? LOL

Trying to get an introductory course set up with a highly recommended instructor for the following weekend, with CCW a few weeks after.

Assuming I am really buying the 22/45, have to get the pistol purchase license submitted ASAP, so I get the paperwork back in time for the introductory course.

Why do I feel this is a long journey of expenses? LOL

Going to be interesting to see how bad I get shown up by SWMBO at the range, she has unbelievable hand to eye coordination.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #2

Liked 1434 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

And so it begins.

It's only as expensive as you let it become.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations. The expense is no big deal. Once you get used to living in poverty, it's a piece of cake and you'll have a really nice collection.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

and so it begins, now I get it

I was surprisingly accurate, even my friend questioned if I'd ever handled a firearm before.

We shot (3) 22's, although he forgot his wife's Neos, (2) 9mm, and my wife passed on the 45, but I couldn't resist

One the way home we stopped at one gun shop and later a range. I'm going to go ahead with my friend's 22/45, and something for my wife. The range has a nice collection of rentals, so we might wander up there next week and let her try a few.

I was much less accurate with the red dot equipped target pistol. More accurate at 20' then 12', and not too bad at 50'. 45 was my worst, but I was having trouble understanding the sight relationship and holding it it steady enough.

The range said we learned more today than the introductory course would teach us, going straight into CCW in a couple of weeks. Said the best thing we can do is get some 1:1 instructor time to improve our skills.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations to you both.

What type of .45 did you shoot?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Congratulations to you both.

What type of .45 did you shoot?
Big one

IRC 1911

Old 08-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1224 Times on 800 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
And so it begins.

It's only as expensive as you let it become.
until there are no more guns being made, my expensives will continue to climb. hehe