Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > one eye or both

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Both eyes open is a good habit to get into. For lots of reasons but being aware of everything in the environment around you in a fight can save your life. You will already have tunnelvision issues and closing one eye just makes the tunnel smaller. Just one opinion though.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Im not sure about regular sights on rifles and shot gun or pistols but my brothers ar15 with a red dot sight, if you had one eye open then you really only could see what was throught the scope, but if you had two eyes open and the scope lined up at the proper level tehn it was like what ever you were looking at had the red dot right smackon the spot you were looking no matter what. First time I did this I was blown away

Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The only time I use only one eye is when using a scoped rifle or rifle with peep sights. I use both eyes for pistol, shotgun and rifle otherwise.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have to partially squint my left eye to allow my right eye to focus. My eyes are almost equaly dominant (share dominance?), so if I have both eyes open I can sit and watch and my focus literally shifts back and forth between the front sight and the target :P . This was a big concern when I was considering buying a suppressor.