Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 823 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 810

GOOD, don`t hurt my feelings one darn bit !...............

When all else fails.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #42
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

https://www.nrainstructors.org/InstructorAdmin/renewLogin.aspx

Warning is posted again. lol

I am a supporter of NRA, on many levels, I hold 5 NRA credentials for teaching, Life Member, and recently, an Endowment Life member. My wife is also an Endowment Life member.

I have received no correspondence explaining what this web site is telling me (or trying to tell me).

Anyone with a heads up, on how they are administrating this, let us know.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #43

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
In light of this event, I am forced to send out the following letter:

Dear Mr Obama:

We regret to inform you, our office cannot extend to you Firearms Safety Classes, or help you obtain your Concealed Carry Permit, until such time, as you provide our office a legitimate and certifiable original birth certificate, and not the artists rendition of one you posted on the Whitehouse web site. Once we have your verifiable birth records showing you to be an American citizen, we will be happy to work with you.
Still with the birth certificate issue huh, well., how is that "issue" working out for you? However, when you are the Commander in Chief of the finest army on the face of the earth, and you are surrounded by the best bodyguards anywhere, you don't need to have a CCW.......

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #44
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Still and forever. Fifty years ago, men killed Kennedy. Fifty years passing, does not make a travesty become any less so. Time passing, does not negate wrongdoings.

For some reason, because black people were once used as slaves, and Rosa parks was kicked off a bus, we now have a meloto president with no real ID in his wallet.

Had we elected a republican white guy with photo fixed ID, the media would have tossed him out of office so quick, the windows would have sucked out of the white house also.

Last edited by AR10; 09-08-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #45
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4550 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 4691

Please dont get me wrong, I value the NRA as a friend to the 2A but they have become a way of life for some folks, nearly a religion. No diff than when we criticize lifelong politicians for making it a living, living off the folks they represent. They have tried to become bigger than the core issues they were formed to protect and defend. Thats the way of any giant group; when something gets this huge, things start happening that members and supporters cant all agree with. Just like giant government, the bigger it gets, the more it tries to do even stepping outside its mandate to keep growing.

I do support the NRA's devotion to the 2a but its time they bring the topic back to its roots, a simple reading of the 2A and nothing else. The last time I watched the NRA President speak (yearly conf in Texas I think), he said little or nothing about the core values and the living spirit of the 2A, just compromise and collusion with semi 2a friendly Erected Representatives. We cannot compromise on rights, any leader that says we should isnt leading, they are just making a living off our emotions.

Its probably tougher than Im saying to keep folks attention on the bottom line when there is so much money involved in it. The NRA has a bigger budget than some small countries. They should be a single topic club, the 2A is important enough to do that, talking about everything else under the sun just dilutes their effectiveness. Your either a 2A supporter or your against it, its a simply written amendment but clearly states the objective, the NRA needs to do the same thing.

Instead of throwing a multimillion dollar convention, maybe they should just offer free memberships to folks that can barely afford to buy bullets for hunting to feed their families. Stop making 10 million hats; instead, pay for locals transport to attend rallies in capitols like Albany and give them a real voice. The NRA has sounded and acted way too much like the Republi-crats most of us despise, I have a hard time telling them apart, they do the same things we disapprove of that our Government does, like a Political Party not a Movement.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #46

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It may also be a time of reflection. Have you noticed? The states with the highest number of NRA Members per population have the least gun restrictive gun control laws.
The Liberal states and their gun owners continue to support gun control politicians over the NRA. Organization is the key to our power. NRA Members are religious zealots and disconnected? Then who would you support?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7314 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9422

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It may also be a time of reflection. Have you noticed? The states with the highest number of NRA Members per population have the least gun restrictive gun control laws.
The Liberal states and their gun owners continue to support gun control politicians over the NRA. Organization is the key to our power. NRA Members are religious zealots and disconnected? Then who would you support?
I have not seen the numbers but if you are right then you ought to value California and New York far more than you value Wyoming by my estimation. You take for granted the NRA supporters in your state even though quite often people give it no thought whatsoever when they join. I would venture a guess that the number of people in Wyoming (as I recall that is where you are located, if I am wrong then please overlook that and consider it as a reference point) who buy their children lifetime memberships the day they are born is a very high percentage of the state population.

Yet it seems to me that people like you (and you are one of the biggest offenders) go out of your way to vilify people like me and WeblyFosbury (he being in NY and I in CA) because of our state of residence. You fail to understand that due to where we live we are often taking some risk in being vocal and active supporters of the 2A and NRA. That takes a great deal more dedication to the cause than it does in Wyoming. To be a 2A/NRA supporter in CA takes a great deal of effort.

Oh, and to presume that we support gun control politicians? You couldn't be more wrong about that. Again, it is a difficult battle here. We are the resistance fighters behind enemy lines. Don't discount our contribution.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This