NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
They don't need to. The feds allow them to leave and get trained and then come back knowing full well they have been radicalized and trained.
Remember speedbump?
Meaning what? The NRA is doing as it should, or that they should just follow the logical route as I suggest?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #32
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Meaning what? The NRA is doing as it should, or that they should just follow the logical route as I suggest?
I'd say I'm torn. Placing the blame on the feds is probably a good move but they should have a policy in place anyway.
Besides the NRA doesn't need to train terrorists the feds allow them to go elsewhere and get trained anyway.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #33

I just think that the NRA should man up and say that, because it is the right thing to do, they will not renew or issue certifications to any foreign nationals and leave it at that.

Adding the crap about the government makes me, and obviously others, suspicious of exactly how much influence the Federal Government has over our NRA.

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #34
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I am an NRA Certified Instructor, and I work closely with a Training Counselor, teaching other Instructors. I can tell you first hand, here in Nebraska, no ID is shown by anyone, that I have seen.

Will be interesting to see if things change, because of this vague notice, on some page most NRA people never see.

The main NRA web sites, no mention of this red letter warning is seen.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The big red letters, we do not train terrorists. That is all good and fine, but just exactly who are the terrorists?

The whitehouse is more worried about returning vets, and tea party people than any other groups in our country. Will it get to the point, we cannot train with any group on the whitehouse terror list? The word terror is so miss used after 9/11, it no longer means anything to me, except as a sheepel word, to drive the masses down the slaughter shoots into the packing house.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The big red letters, we do not train terrorists. That is all good and fine, but just exactly who are the terrorists?

The whitehouse is more worried about returning vets, and tea party people than any other groups in our country. Will it get to the point, we cannot train with any group on the whitehouse terror list? The word terror is so miss used after 9/11, it no longer means anything to me, except as a sheepel word, to drive the masses down the slaughter shoots into the packing house.
Good points. But I would ask you to whom does the NRA answer? It membership of the Feds? Because this message makes it look like they care more about what the feds tell them than the membership.

The NRA has their own definition for terrorists, and it does not include you, me, returning veterans, Tea Party members or many of the others you included above. At least that is what I thought.

Quote:

Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #37

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

That is pretty interesting. I got my renewal of my NRA training credentials this week. No one asked me for my birth certificate. Nor did I have to present any type of identification at the time of receiving of my certification, years ago.

If any other of you trainers sent proof of nationality, I would be interested to hear from you.....

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In light of this event, I am forced to send out the following letter:

Dear Mr Obama:

We regret to inform you, our office cannot extend to you Firearms Safety Classes, or help you obtain your Concealed Carry Permit, until such time, as you provide our office a legitimate and certifiable original birth certificate, and not the artists rendition of one you posted on the Whitehouse web site. Once we have your verifiable birth records showing you to be an American citizen, we will be happy to work with you.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #39
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
In light of this event, I am forced to send out the following letter:

Dear Mr Obama:

We regret to inform you, our office cannot extend to you Firearms Safety Classes, or help you obtain your Concealed Carry Permit, until such time, as you provide our office a legitimate and certifiable original birth certificate, and not the artists rendition of one you posted on the Whitehouse web site. Once we have your verifiable birth records showing you to be an American citizen, we will be happy to work with you.
Priceless.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

NRA has removed their red letter warning about whatever it is they were trying to say.

Maybe I dreamed it? lol