NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
The way I'm looking at it (at this point) is feds have a boot on the nras throat. Who at the NRA is using what for verification and who in the feds is stockpiling this information?
I agree with you on that score. The ironic part is that they won't require voter IDs. Guess they don't want to discriminate against foreign voters.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I agree with you on that score. The ironic part is that they won't require voter IDs. Guess they don't want to discriminate against foreign voters.
Doesn't exactly add up, does it??
Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Doesn't exactly add up, does it??
Though I do agree that we should probably not be training foreigners, I am quite certain that there will be exceptions. A blanket prohibition is not good.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Maybe they plan on requiring a copy of a birth certificate or social security card before they issue the certification. That's how I'd verify it if I were faced with their conundrum.

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-30-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Maybe they plan on requiring a copy of a birth certificate or social security card before they issue the certification. That's how I'd verify it if I were faced with their conundrum.
Not sure I'm willing to hand over the info they want (not to mention money) for them to transfer to the feds or whatever just so I can keep being liable for a gun range.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #16

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I think the NRA is making the point that the federal regulations are incoherent and they can't tell how or whether they are within the law. Given the horde of Gun Zombies just waiting to swarm the NRA for any illegality, including Mr. Eric Holdup, I wouldn't blame them for steering clear.
Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Not sure I'm willing to hand over the info they want (not to mention money) for them to transfer to the feds or whatever just so I can keep being liable for a gun range.
If the Feds want your birth certificate I'm pretty sure they can get it. If they want your social security number, I know for a fact they can get that. And as far as the NRA giving their list of trainers to the Feds, well judging from the latest NSA scandal BS, the feds can dig those files out of the NRAs computers without a warrant anyway.

You know Eric Holdup's not gonna do anything about illegal searches and seizures. (Unless its search and seizure of voter fraud evidence or illicit drugs of course. That I'm sure they would want thrown out.)

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-30-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #18

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

NRA instructors have been targeted by various groups from outside the U.S. They are offering "Big" bucks for handgun training. They need the NRA certification to acquire forged CCW permits in the U.S. As a Certified NRA Handgun Inst. I have been contacted by large groups mostly from China wanting to earn NRA Certification. This has become a serious problem. The NRA is not checking out anyone. We are however refusing to work with these foreign nationals. These are well organized and heavily financed criminal operations. I don't think honest NRA members want their instructors involved in these crimes. As always the Anti-NRA crowd attacks the NRA before they check into the facts. Authorities have been working on this for several years.
Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #19

Liked 3070 Times on 1385 Posts
Likes Given: 2865

So let me get this straight, you need proper ID ie. legal birth certificate to be an NRA instructor but not to vote or be president.
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #20

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
So let me get this straight, you need proper ID ie. legal birth certificate to be an NRA instructor but not to vote or be president.
That about sums it up in a nutshell.

After WWII, we let the mad scientists escape to the US, in fact, we put them to work. I wonder if we also let a few crooked politicians escape to the west? Seems like we are headed down simular roads today, where forged papers for some are accepted, and others are hunted regardless of proper papers.

On the news yesterday, I saw a video of a you tube blogger who was arrested, and his guns confiscated on trumped up charges, and now he is trying to get his gun collection back.

It is not that we should block pegon English speaking persons from Cessna flight school, or NRA basic pistol classes, we should lock down the damn borders in the first place, so the illegals are not here to begin with.
jjfuller1 Likes This