NRA RSO requirement - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > NRA RSO requirement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
It is a safety thing with the cameras. My range has about five in the room for the 10 lanes. I prefer the added security so the idiot next to me get kicked out instead of me getting shot. Don't worry too much about it. As long as you are safe, there will be no problems.
I'm nervous about breaking a rule on video that is a rule but not something that is unsafe, for example reaching down and picking up a live round that simply feel off the bench while the range is hot is considered a violation of the rules and will result in a 1 year ban from the range. The proper procedure is to call a cease fire and then pick up the round.

I'm hoping that the rules are very very strict in writing and common sense is applied in practice but I won't know until I start using it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #12

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I'm nervous about breaking a rule on video that is a rule but not something that is unsafe, for example reaching down and picking up a live round that simply feel off the bench while the range is hot is considered a violation of the rules and will result in a 1 year ban from the range. The proper procedure is to call a cease fire and then pick up the round.

I'm hoping that the rules are very very strict in writing and common sense is applied in practice but I won't know until I start using it.
I think it all comes as better judgment. Stop insulting our intelligence. That sort of thing.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Every range has sop that will be different than the range across town. Find a range you are comfortable with.

Safety First And Foremost. Nothing else matters.

Some comments about the RSO program not doing anything, being a rip off. I hope I never experience anyone with your attitude while I am at a range.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #14

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

I've been going to the range for several months. I have yet to see anyone else when I am there. That makes things a bit easier because I only have to be responsible for myself but it also makes the rules seem insane.

In my dropped round example here is what I need to do when I am by myself.

Round falls off table.
I verbally announce cease fire.
I safe my gun.
I stand up, walk 20 feet away to a light system and change the light colors.
I walk back over to where I dropped the round and pick it up.
I walk back over and change the light colors again.
I verbally announce the range is hot.
I walk back over to my bench and continue shooting.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #15

Liked 1979 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 1309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I've been going to the range for several months. I have yet to see anyone else when I am there. That makes things a bit easier because I only have to be responsible for myself but it also makes the rules seem insane.

In my dropped round example here is what I need to do when I am by myself.

Round falls off table.
I verbally announce cease fire.
I safe my gun.
I stand up, walk 20 feet away to a light system and change the light colors.
I walk back over to where I dropped the round and pick it up.
I walk back over and change the light colors again.
I verbally announce the range is hot.
I walk back over to my bench and continue shooting.
Ok...That does sound like a bit much.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.