Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > not sure where to put this thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #21
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Why would anyone want to be in combat? It's what everyone should avoid.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #22
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Why would anyone want to be in combat? It's what everyone should avoid.
I never served in the military, and I have never been a LEO. What I have done and been through is a lifetime in a family in which most of it's members have served or were in LE. To answer the above, Some folks are wired in such a way that they don't just survive combat. They thrive during it. There is a comraderie that, for the most part, does not exist in civilian life which stems from relying on the other members of your unit (or your partner) when your azz is on the line. For some out there, this is a thrill like no other.

The other reason may be that sometimes the rules in a combat zone are far easier to learn and obey than those of "polite" society. If someone wrongs you, the solution in the "world" is far more complex in their eyes than it is in a war zone.

Just a theory, nothing more. As I said no combat or LE experience here, just a family with a long history of service, and observations made while spending the first half of my life growing up on and near Marine bases.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #23

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I would think that joining a PMC or security contractor (same thing?) would be the "best" way to experience combat. But why? To make sure that if you need to defend yourself in life or death situation you can preform and not freeze up?

Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFerree
I would think that joining a PMC or security contractor (same thing?) would be the "best" way to experience combat. But why? To make sure that if you need to defend yourself in life or death situation you can preform and not freeze up?
Those guys often times need to have prior combat experience before they can join those jobs.

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #25

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Those guys often times need to have prior combat experience before they can join those jobs.
That's the main problem. Other than joining the military there are very few options. Go to Chicago and join a gang? Maybe you can go the Middle East or Africa.