Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Northern IL gun clubs? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/northern-il-gun-clubs-53230/)

BelRockRebel 12-09-2011 01:13 AM

Northern IL gun clubs?

Looking for places that will help this girl try different handguns. Looking to buy one now, have gone to my local shop, and looked at .38s, .45s, semis and revolvers. Got lots of great info, but want to actually try some out. Thinking revolver.

JonM 12-09-2011 01:54 AM

where ya at in northern ill??

BelRockRebel 12-09-2011 02:54 AM

Belvidere/Rockford aka BelRock!

JonM 12-09-2011 03:02 AM

your not tooooo far from my stomping grounds.

there is an indoor range over in racine wiconsin with lots of rental guns. i frequent that range your welcome to try a few out of my collection as well.

winds-of-change 12-09-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelRockRebel (Post 646691)
Belvidere/Rockford aka BelRock!

Bel, I live in Genoa. Not far from you. My son lives in Belvidere. I have gone shooting with Jon and I have also been to the indoor range he is referring to. I know one of the guys who works at that indoor range and he is a great guy who would love to help you try out a few guns. When I was very new here, I met the guy at the indoor range (he used to be a forum member here) and he brought guns in for me to shoot from a .22 all the way up to a .45, a couple shot guns and the grand finale (after he saw that I had a LITTLE gun knowledge) he brought out a full auto Tommy gun for me to shoot. You couldn't smack that smile off my face for a week.

Anyway, if you are interested, I would gladly accompany you to the indoor range in Racine or even to the wonderful outdoor range Jon shoots at. I have met Jon, gone shooting with him and even bought a gun from him. Well, it was such a good deal it was almost like I stole it from Jon. :D

Let me know if you'd like to get together and go shooting either at the indoor range in Racine or the outdoor range with Jon. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

And you'd be very welcome to shoot the two guns I have. A GP100 revolver and a Mark II pistol. I look forward to meeting you in the near future.

And, by the way, the drive to Racine is a nice, peacful ride on country roads.

ScottA 12-09-2011 12:32 PM

Go check out GAT Guns in Dundee. It's on Hwy 25 just north of I-90. Should be about 30 minutes from you.

The selection is enormous, and they have an indoor range where you can try it all. Unfortunately for me, they don't play well with non-Illinois residents... stupid FOID restrictions. :mad:

My sister's family gets all their guns there and speaks highly of them.

GAT GUNS - FIREARMS SUPERSTORE

BelRockRebel 12-09-2011 09:21 PM

You all are so nice! Unfortunately, Shooters, if that's where you were sending me, is 2 hours away. Way to far for me. Gat Guns, I am familiar with, I grew up in that area. I have heard from several people, including my Dad and my local gun shop, that they are extremely expensive. I know there are a couple places in Rockford, Pinetree Pistol Club, and one other that escapes my mind. I was just wondering if eithor of those would be mentioned here by members.

Winds of change, just curious, are you a guy or girl?

Jon, thanks for the offer to let me try your guns, very kind of you!

BelRockRebel 12-09-2011 09:29 PM

Winds of change, thank you also for your offer! To be honest, I know my husband would kick my heinie to the next county if I set up a meeting without him. Hope you all understand. But I do hope to meet all of you in the future!

neilage66 12-09-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelRockRebel (Post 647288)

She's all woman. :D

Does the Bullet Stop Gunshop in Rockford still have a little indoor range?

ScottA 12-09-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelRockRebel (Post 647288)
You all are so nice! Unfortunately, Shooters, if that's where you were sending me, is 2 hours away. Way to far for me. Gat Guns, I am familiar with, I grew up in that area. I have heard from several people, including my Dad and my local gun shop, that they are extremely expensive. I know there are a couple places in Rockford, Pinetree Pistol Club, and one other that escapes my mind. I was just wondering if eithor of those would be mentioned here by members.

Jon, thanks for the offer to let me try your guns, very kind of you!

You don't have to buy the stuff at GAT, but I doubt you'll find someplace else with as much stuff to try out.