Originally Posted by Stuie
A friend of mine suggested using non lethal shells in the shotgun I am getting for home defense. Wanted your thoughts on it.
I am getting Mossberg 500
Here is what I was thinking for loading in ithttp://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/12gaugeammo.htmlhttp://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/lesslethalammo.html
1) Blammo Boomers Blank (Let them know this isn't going to end well)
2) Hornet's Nest
4) Power Punch
5) Rubber Rocket
6) Pit Bull (I make it here, they aren't leaving my house vertically)
Of course another friend during the discussion said load up all with Pit Bull ammo. My concern is coming from my room and stopping an intruder in my house I will inevitably point towards my soon to be baby's room.
I am in LE and have used the methods you are discussing.
1. Force on force means using force equal to or greater than the opposition force so the use of 'less than lethal' force against lethal force would be a FATAL tactical error!
2. We use 'less than lethal' methods ONLY when we have lethal force back up!
3. Load it with nothing smaller than #2 bird shot and nothing larger than #4 buck shot. BB shot is the best all purpose size for general home defense.
Hope this helped!