Non Lethal Home Defense - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Non Lethal Home Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 173 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 81

The main risk to your home is going to be a burglary while you are away during the day. That's why you need a good gunsafe for your weapons and other valuables. Good idea to bolt it to the floor also. We had something like this happen in our neighborhood in the past few months, and nobody saw anything. He/she/they took jewelry and a computer.

The second major risk to your home is going to be two guys at the front door knocking at night and pushing their way in. You therefore should not open the door at night for any reason.

Whenever I answer the door in the daytime, I have an authentic rapier in my hand and I lean on it like a cane. Call me paranoid if you want.

For anyone who shoves or breaks their way into the house under any of those circumstances, Smith&Wesson is waiting 24/7 on the top shelf of my gunsafe, which is always opened whenever I am home.

I come home, I walk in, I open the gunsafe, and then I am safe from then on.

Don't need a cell phone on.

Don't believe in nonlethal defense.

When a robber sees Smith&Wesson, if he does not start running, there are 5 lead nosed friends that will kiss him hard and fast.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #62

Liked 173 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If someone breaks into my house, with me home, I want to do the Christian thing and send him to Jesus in the express lane. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00. I don't want a pissed-off, injured, junkie negotiating with me for my life, or the lives of the rest of my family and dog.

But, thats just me.
My view also.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #63

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My idea of "nonlethal defense" is
1) German Shepherd dogs
2) Locked doors

If these two have been breached then it is time to move to something more lethal

Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #64

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

as a responsible guardian of my castle, I will always assume the intruder is jacked up on some sort of drugs to be entering my residence in the first place. If that's the case, then chances are they're dumb & numb to begin with, so what exactly is a bean bag projectile going to do to stop them?

Answer: not much.

Regardless if they feel it or not, you have a right...no no, a responsibility to protect your home and the loved ones inside. Using LTL methods (bean bags, rubber balls, pepper spray) is absolutely not going to get the job done. Always plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Plan that if you have a home invasion, that the guy or girl is not coming alone. Is one bean bag going to take care of two intruders? What if one of those intruders has a gun, and you don't shoot the one packing heat?

Hope that it never happens, but keep #4 birdshot in that 12 gauge in case it does.

Also, lots of other really good advice in this thread, from the "racking" noise a 12 gauge makes to not using your Rambo'd AR-15 to take someone down (why waste the good ammo?)

Another thing to keep in mind - especially in your shotgun, since it might have a free-floating pin (not always, but a lot do) - don't keep a round in the chamber while it's in storage. Keep that chamber free until you need action. A free floating pin + loaded gun in storage = recipe for accidental disaster.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 01-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #65

Gentlemen please do not get caught up on my use of the word "steal" in my example. To be blunt his intentions whether to rob, rape, or hand out Krispy Keenest upon entering my home is irrelevant, I would treat any uninvited equally, I do mean ANY. Don't care if he had a badge pinned to him quite frankly. As for your assertion JonM or, rather your worry that the intruder may be prepping to squeeze off some munitions at you.. don't. Use a little common sense, and training. ( keep things simple. If you shout a directive and he fails to comply logic says fire. If he has something in his hand resembling weapon fire. If he reaches anywhere but atop his head fire.. However your home, your castles you are granted authority by law to kill in such situation. If that is your only response or way to control the situation by all means. Myself I kill last. Even after you've gotten past dog, flood lights and timed appliances (creates illusion your home awake) I suppose I am more comfortable and composed in potential gunplay situations then most
. I can remember my first breach and clear, it was actually fun. I can remember finding someone home eventually. He certainly was ****ting his pants as I screamed DONT ****N MOVE standing like a retard still clutching an M1 we shot his ass. Point is yeah he was armed, his objective to shoot I suppose while I yelled at him (his buddy around the corner dropped a frag in a bungled attempt to repay our trespass) lol its on You Tube check it out, that one Jawa held off our whole. squad. Control the situation, watch your corners, push, shout, yell.... oh and squeeze don't jerk or pull and unless he is David Blaine all magic you win

Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #66

Oh and obviously. Get your kid out of any possible kill zones.. look around and adjust home as necessary

Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #67

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Never point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #68
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1983 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 592

There are some benefits to non lethal at times. A woman was raped in her own apartment by an intruder. The rapist told her he would be back. She bought an expensive trained guard dog. The rapist came back and she let the dog play with him for quite a while as she watched before she called the police.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #69

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

This has lawsuit written all over it,don't be that guy just use a preferred lethal weapon a firearm shotgun or pistol shoot the intruder that you know without a doubt is going to do serious bodily harm or death to you or anyone in your household give them two in the chest and one in the head and when in doubt empty the magazine just keep in mind that when that person gets out of jail for breaking and entering trespassing they may come back or go to the next house and who knows they may kill the next person

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #70

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
My question for this is why use anything but lethal force? I do not want to kill anyone and I hope I never have to but if someone comes into my home I don't want to give them the chance to retaliate.
Your given set up requires 5 shots to be fired before reaching something serious and remember you have to be able to reasonably justify each one of these. I agree with JD, 1 warning shot at most, after that the lead needs to fly. If you're in my house at 2 am and I don't know who you are, you are not welcome and rather then take the chance risking myself and my wife's safety I would prefer to shoot now and ask later.
I also keep a 45 on my night stand and a shotgun isn't far away, in which I prefer buckshot but a load of birdshot at a distance within a home will make someone think twice.

Glad to have you here and keep that baby safe!
I think the way he loads it the lethal is first one fired. First in the mag is the last one out.

If he load the magazine in this order

1) Blammo Boomers Blank (Let them know this isn't going to end well)
2) Hornet's Nest
3) Tri-Dent
4) Power Punch
5) Rubber Rocket
6) Pit Bull (I make it here, they aren't leaving my house vertically)

It will fire in this order

6) Pit Bull (I make it here, they aren't leaving my house vertically)
5) Rubber Rocket
4) Power Punch
3) Tri-Dent
2) Hornet's Nest
1) Blammo Boomers Blank (Let them know this isn't going to end well)

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 02-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.