No such thing as too safe! (not for the squeamish) - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > No such thing as too safe! (not for the squeamish)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Glad you're ok and nobody else got hurt. Thank you for having enough courage and humility to post the story and pics. Definetly a wake up call for me as I would probably assume for most on this forum. God speed on your recovery!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #42

To keep the use of those numb fingers once the nerve heals is going to maintain their flexibilty. Flex and work them constantly to keep them limber. Once they stiffen up it is almost impossible to regain the lost range of motion. I have experience nerve damage from trauma and surgery and it took years to heal. After an oral surgury it took about 20 years to regain full sensation in the roof of my mouth and the gums around my front teeth. My left arm had a nerve injury and it was two years before anything started to happen. Be patient. This will take time. Get on with life and don't wait on it, that's for sure.

This wound looks like it was bordering on supersonic. Had it remained supersonic the whole way through the damage could have been much greater.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #43

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_Shooter View Post
To keep the use of those numb fingers once the nerve heals is going to maintain their flexibilty. Flex and work them constantly to keep them limber. Once they stiffen up it is almost impossible to regain the lost range of motion. I have experience nerve damage from trauma and surgery and it took years to heal. After an oral surgury it took about 20 years to regain full sensation in the roof of my mouth and the gums around my front teeth. My left arm had a nerve injury and it was two years before anything started to happen. Be patient. This will take time. Get on with life and don't wait on it, that's for sure.

This wound looks like it was bordering on supersonic. Had it remained supersonic the whole way through the damage could have been much greater.
I had a nerve in my middle finger severed by a dog and it took 6 or 7 years for feeling to return. The worst part was the year of burning before (almost) full sensation returned. Nerves are funny things.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hope you Get 100% better buddy.
as i always say to everything.. Man it could of been worse! you were very lucky and Thank God you didnt kill anyone or anything!
We sometimes forget saftey.
Thats why These things happen, to remind EVERYONE that Saftey is 100% #1
I hate to say it, but you my friend just saved a ton of lives, because everyone who has seen this post will tell their friends, friends of friends etc.etc.etc.etc.... and so on, in which will remind them of SAFTEY #1!

I hope you feel better! get well soon.! and get back to shooting!
God Bless you!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 AM   #45

Thank you all for concerns and best wishes... just to update, i have (compared to pre-accident) approx. 80% usage of my hand 95% feeling recovery and 75% mobility. Enough so that i went just this weekend to a field tested my new HK 45, clear out the under brush around my deer stand and sight in my .270 in anticipation of the up coming season. I'm sure with time I will make a 100% recovery all the way around. I'm too stubborn and hard headed for it not to happen. I refuse to allow it to slow me down...just my nature. But most important, if this post touches some one, even just one, enough so that it circumvents an accident, then i will feel as if i was able to help teach a valuable lesson.

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #46

Hope you get better.....thanks for the lesson on complacency.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 AM   #47

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigGambler View Post
Glad you're ok and nobody else got hurt. Thank you for having enough courage and humility to post the story and pics.
God speed on your recovery!
What he said.
I'll have my 10 and 7 year old look at this tomorrow for a good eye opener.

Wish I could say it in a better light, but thank you. My kids will learn a great lesson from this.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 10-04-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #48

The only reason I'm commenting on an old post is just to re-que it so that some of the new members can see it and to again remind everyone else to please be cautious, damn cautious.

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #49

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Well since you brought it up... how ya doin? Whats it look like now?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #50

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

wow!!!! your making me wonder about my sigma... i never liked the no safety thing. hows your recovery going? hope all is well....