Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > nightmare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default nightmare

I just got done moving into this house, its a tactical nightmare. There are three doors to this house the front and back are adjacent from each other and the side is directly inline with the hallway that leads to the bed rooms. Basiclly I step out of the bed room got to make sure no ones in the door frame then I would have to clear out two rooms at once or just hope all the bad guys are using the same door. If your wondering I didn't get to pick the house the wife did and I just got a surprise when I got back to the us.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

View from my bedroom.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

good news you could pull a badass rambo move like jumping off the stairs and shooting... joking

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I think the stairway configuration can be used to your advantage. Install some HID lights at each turn, facing down the stairs - flip a switch and anyone coming up gets blinded

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One is from the bedroom door to the side door the other is from the front door to the back. No real way to cover the other two doors without exposing my back to the other and if someone was standing in the other door way they could just take me out when I poke my head out of the bedroom. What I can't figure out is why in the hell someone decided to put two doors leading out side in the same room.

photo0269.jpg   photo0270.jpg  

Sargent Miller

Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Im guessing the two doors was installed for more fire exit precaution. Looks like its going to be a 2 man clear house so you have someone to watch your back. good luck with that.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #7

Or use a AA-12 and simply saw through the whole thing !

Third party links in signature are a violation of TOS.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yaaa just me and my wife... maybe I should brick up one of the doors so I don't have to worry about getting shot by her as well as the bugulurs. Or I could get claymores and just put it on the back door any one know where I can get some?

Sargent Miller

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
yaaa just me and my wife... maybe I should brick up one of the doors so I don't have to worry about getting shot by her as well as the bugulurs. Or I could get claymores and just put it on the back door any one know where I can get some?
Or...you can get ya a damn dog or two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

Lights, mirrors and security cameras. my security system has a panel in my bedroom and will let me know when and which door or window is opened. Motion sensors will give me a location of where an intruder is. I am considering installing security cameras also.
If you want to go all out, remote control shotguns monitored by security cameras. Semi auto with a fixed aim point and solenoid operated trigger. Keyed arming switch and a separate firing switch. Push a button and the gun fires. It is not a trap gun unless it is self operated. It may seem far out but I have seen this set up only the guns could be aimed remotely. A lot of bucks in that system.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."