Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Newer user. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/newer-user-45167/)

TopekanSurvivalist 07-14-2011 05:31 AM

Newer user.
 
Hello everyone. I am not exactly new to the firearms game, but I'm rather new to purchases and owning fire arms. I would like for someone to either give a few pointers, give a link, or just a page long lesson on what to look for on weapons.

The second amendment was not written to look pretty on paper.

dunerunner 07-14-2011 05:54 AM

This should get moved to Introductions in a bit, so Welcome to the FTF!

Here's one Impact Guns Home Plenty to look at here, but you have to decide what purpose you intend to apply the weapon to, then which one you want to buy based upon that purpose.

TopekanSurvivalist 07-14-2011 04:02 PM

I've already posted in the intro page.

The second amendment was not written to look pretty on paper.

Firearms4ever 07-14-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopekanSurvivalist (Post 540827)
Hello everyone. I am not exactly new to the firearms game, but I'm rather new to purchases and owning fire arms. I would like for someone to either give a few pointers, give a link, or just a page long lesson on what to look for on weapons.

The second amendment was not written to look pretty on paper.

Well there are all sorts of things to look for when purchasing a firearm. Some of the more important things to look for are how it feels when you hold it or shoulder it, does the action work without problems, how the trigger pull is, does the action lock up solidly, do all the features work properly, and ect.

One big thing is to make sure the firearm has a serial number.

You want to make sure you examine every aspect of the firearm you can. I've so far run into a few firearms that either a feauture didn't work or the action didn't work properly.

dunerunner 07-14-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopekanSurvivalist (Post 541084)
I've already posted in the intro page.

The second amendment was not written to look pretty on paper.

By God, You're right!! Guess the thread title set my noob neuron on Welcome.

Why don't you tell us what firearms you have interest in or what you intend to do with the weapon before we venture on into defining every firearm made since the blunderbust.

TopekanSurvivalist 07-14-2011 06:47 PM

SHTF/WROL/Home defense.

The second amendment was not written to look pretty on paper.

orangello 07-14-2011 06:53 PM

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f102/how-buy-used-revolver-44467/

There is a guideline on buying used revolvers, if that is of help. ?

doctherock 07-14-2011 10:00 PM

Dammit you guys dont you get it, the second amendment wasn't written to look pretty on paper......come on get with the program.

Shihan 07-14-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 541352)
Dammit you guys dont you get it, the second amendment wasn't written to look pretty on paper......come on get with the program.

Have you ever looked at the handwriting? They had awesome penmanship. Looks darn pretty to me.

doctherock 07-14-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 541360)
Have you ever looked at the handwriting? They had awesome penmanship. Looks darn pretty to me.

Agreed fine sir.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.