New video: One hand pistol reload - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

New video: One hand pistol reload

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Good points, until you need to move...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hopefully you don't just drop on your knees in the middle of the street... you should move to cover instinctively, especially if you're injured.

This is just an example of how to do it. there are no circumstances involved

Good video! thanks for sharing kcolg

Old 07-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypoonani View Post
hopefully you don't just drop on your knees in the middle of the street... you should move to cover instinctively, especially if you're injured.

This is just an example of how to do it. there are no circumstances involved

Good video! thanks for sharing kcolg
Glad to share guitar monk...

Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #14

Good video. I like the 'first person' camera angle. Thanks for sharing

Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Another tool that could come in handy, the more options you have the better chance you have to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #16

There is at least one other video on YouTube that shows a better way. The was shown in the video squatting down, puts the barrel pointing at your other leg and ankle.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #17

I have trained doing this with my knees clinched around the gun, in the holster backwards and behind the knee like shown. I like the behind the knee but you all have pointed out, you need to move to cover. This takes a lot longer then a speed load with both hands. Also not a bad idea to train pulling your gun with the support hand. You never know what might take place in a gun fight and you might need to get the gun out with the off hand. A person needs to also practice clearing malfunction using one hand. The use of the heel of you boot, gun belt, a wall or something to grab the back sight to clear the malfuction. Train on all of them and pry you never need to use them.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I almost instinctively look for cover when I reload, in the video I just wanted to show the techinique of one hand reloading,and it would have been difficult for me to show it in the video behind cover,but of course I agree on doing it,maybe one day I'll upgrade the video...

Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #19

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

In this situation wouldn't you need to rack the slide on your boot or belt to chamber a round? As well as clearing a malfunction as stated above.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
In this situation wouldn't you need to rack the slide on your boot or belt to chamber a round? As well as clearing a malfunction as stated above.
Not necesseraly ,as in the video I simulate a situation in wich I run completely out of ammo ,therefore the slide will stayed locked back,if you want to do a tactical reload in wich you change the magazine on the gun before the magazine is completely empty for a fully loaded one, you would still have a bullet in the chamber ,so you wouldn't need to rack the slide either.