Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   New Training Class Room (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/new-training-class-room-68983/)

Dzscubie 07-26-2012 04:30 AM

New Training Class Room

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if y'all were aware that I started a new company last year. I took the plunge and went and received my Instructor certificate from Texas Department of Public Safety and am now qualified to teach and certify for the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL). My companies name is “Tex-X Defense” and I teach basic handgun safety and handling, an introduction to Handguns for women, and the CHL class. I’m planning to expand the type and number of classes but as it is now I have more people than I can schedule classes for. As I do not have a gun shop or independent location (offices are expensive to rent) I racked my brain to come up with a place to teach. “BAM” it hit me and after checking around decided my idea had merit. I bought a FEMA trailer (31 foot) and stripped it out of everything except the bathroom in the back. I put a new floor in and new tile and outfitted it as a classroom. I have air conditioning for the summer but will have to use electric heaters for the winter but now I can teach when I want. Here is a picture of the finished classroom. I still have to get a larger screen for my power point and am planning on mounting it on the ceiling like when we were in school.

What do you think?

Scubie

towboater 07-26-2012 04:38 AM

I think ya did good. REAL GOOD!!!!!!!!

Axxe55 07-26-2012 04:39 AM

Scubie, it looks good! i think you had a pretty dang good idea and ran with it. wish you much luck in your new business.

just one question, is it going to be stationary or portable, beings it's a FEMA type trailor?

winds-of-change 07-26-2012 05:26 AM

Great idea and it looks very nice. Congratulations on being so motivated and getting it done. I like it very much.

danf_fl 07-26-2012 11:10 AM

Looks good! Most of the firearms training classes I attended when on active duty were in trailers.

Jpyle 07-26-2012 11:30 AM

Great idea, looks great too. Best of luck with your new business...

rigjumpr 07-26-2012 12:24 PM

welcome to the game.....

silverado113 07-26-2012 12:51 PM

Very nice, good luck on the new venture.

vincent 07-26-2012 01:10 PM

Lookin' good!! Best wishes on your new endeavor...;)

Dzscubie 07-27-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 882246)
Scubie, it looks good! i think you had a pretty dang good idea and ran with it. wish you much luck in your new business.

just one question, is it going to be stationary or portable, beings it's a FEMA type trailor?

AXXE,

I can move the trailer as it is if I would like to, but I'm planning on leaving it where it is. It has leveling jacks and once down is very solid. The problem that people associate with FEMA trailers is the formaldehyde problem that came from assembling and sending out without proper curing of the cabinets and other wood work. I’ve removed all that so I don’t have that problem. It actually tows very nice behind my F350.

Scubie