Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   New gun or carry permit?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/new-gun-carry-permit-78669/)

nosaj 12-17-2012 02:26 PM

New gun or carry permit??

I received a "new gun" coupon from the wife for my birthday. Just wondering if i should use the designated $ for my ccw($200) and some ammo/xtras instead. No i can't get both and due to recent events I'm torn as to what direction to go. Just wanted some opinions to help my decision

rhyno13 12-17-2012 02:29 PM

If you plan on carrying, go for the CCW. If not then spend it on whatever you want.

trip286 12-17-2012 03:43 PM

If you have a gun to carry already, I would say get the permit, ammo, and goodies.

nosaj 12-17-2012 04:23 PM

I have a 9mm that i can carry. Just torn between becoming legal or more toys/goodies. Also thinking about future legislation on both issues

SigArmored 12-17-2012 05:34 PM

I'm not sure where to go with this one.The big kid in me says "more toys".The law abiding adult side of me says "make it legal before they decide to make it illegal".Not sure how much you got there but if you go to the right place they will discount you're ccw class if you buy from you're lgs ,at least that's what most do around here.

silverado113 12-17-2012 05:39 PM

Get the CCW! You can have all the guns you want, but if your away from your truck or home and find yourself in a situation where you need to defend yourself, all the guns sitting in your safe aren't going to help.

Bear304inc 12-19-2012 06:09 PM

^^^^^^^This...

Get the ccw, it doesn't mean you MUST carry, just covers your bases in case you choose to carry.

freetobefree 12-19-2012 06:18 PM

I'd say get the ccw ... This how our gov knows we aren't playing about our gun rights is how many people buy firearms and how ccw holders there are ... This is how we the people in a loud voice say " DON'T TREAD ON ME".... And then you are legal to support your right to carry ... It's a good choice for you and your family ... And later buy some more guns ...

MoreAltitude 12-19-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosaj
I received a "new gun" coupon from the wife for my birthday.

By any chance does your wife have a sister ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosaj
Just wondering if i should use the designated $ for my ccw($200) and some ammo/xtras instead. No i can't get both and due to recent events I'm torn as to what direction to go. Just wanted some opinions to help my decision

Opinion: I agree with the others "go with the CCW". While a new toy is sooo very tempting, the possession of a CCW will allow you to enjoy and use the pistol you already have to a much greater extent.

canebrake 12-19-2012 06:37 PM

MORE TOYS WILL NOT SAVE YOUR LIFE AT THE MALL! - cane