Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Negligent Discharge Neat Little Hole (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/negligent-discharge-neat-little-hole-43962/)

Cory2 06-17-2011 12:11 AM

Negligent Discharge Neat Little Hole

Well, I have a fresh little hole in my ceiling from a negligent discharge on my part. I loaded up the new little Walther P22 and had one in the chamber but the hammer was cocked, so i put it on safe (so i thought) and aimed it in a safe direction (at the ceiling) and pulled the trigger. Bang!:eek: So now I know, even when I feel I am absolutely certain it is on safe, always triple check. Hopefully the roof doesn't leak lol.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/100_0205.jpg
The good news is that now my fiancee knows what to expect if she ever has to use it when she doesn't have hearing protection... Always gotta find that silver lining:rolleyes:

Edit: Also, I feel like a total dumb***

dog2000tj 06-17-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory2 (Post 524173)
Edit: Also, I feel like a total dumb***

As well you should! :mad: You need to do whatever you have to do to break that habit of pulling the trigger when not aiming at an intetnional target. Count your blessings that nobody was hurt. :o

Use that gray lump between your ears and stay safe ;)

canebrake 06-17-2011 12:38 AM

JiroZero713 is that you??? :confused:

Dillinger 06-17-2011 01:03 AM

You know what? I am going to give you thumbs up for the post. It takes some good sized balls to admit, out in the open and with pictures, that you made a mistake and own up to it for open ridicule.

Now, I think the lesson has been learned and I would hope you will never do something like this again.

Glad no one was hurt.

JD

mesinge2 06-17-2011 01:11 AM

Ok, just admit it. There has been a fly in the house for four days and you'd had enough. So there you were cleaning the walther and decided it was time to end this troublesome pest's life.

Seriously, glad no one was hurt. Props for posting this!

wmille01 06-17-2011 01:36 AM

It happens us dumbarses have to stick together, kind of seems like a family tradition in my family my old man shoot a window out with a .22 when we lived in a trailer and when I was 17 I blew a hole through my door with a 12 gauge granted I killed a really peed off koon that my sister put in there while I was away but house hold discharges happen. Look at this way it can always be worse you could have been using 12 gauge the hole would be bigger.

Cory2 06-17-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 524183)
JiroZero713 is that you??? :confused:

...what?:confused:

Yeah, I am really glad noone was hurt, atleast in my moment of stupidity of gargantuan proportions I was aware enough to make sure it was pointed in a safe direction. I'm sure I will hear about this from my brother for the rest of my days -_-

Cory2 06-17-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmille01 (Post 524225)
... Look at this way it can always be worse you could have been using 12 gauge the hole would be bigger.

Its funny you mention that. My friends dad almost (by almost I mean inches) blew my friends head off with a 12gauge mossberg 500 when he was acting like an idiot flinging the shotgun around like he was on a drill team with it loaded and one in the pipe. My friend called me and asked if i had ductape so they could tape up the massive hole in the wall

dog2000tj 06-17-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory2 (Post 524226)
I was aware enough to make sure it was pointed in a safe direction.

See that part right there, your words highlighted? That concerns me, concerns me greatly. What goes up must come down and like I said in my first comment, unless you have your gun pointed at a legitimate intentional target when you pull the trigger it is not "pointed in a safe direction". :mad:

Again, learn from this mistake and be thankful nobody was hurt. And yes props for being man enough to post on here about it. ;) But you need to seriously reevaluate your thinking when it comes to handling firearms. :cool:

canebrake 06-17-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory2 (Post 524226)
...what?:confused

You're not the first here. :o

Jiro sent a .357 Mag through the roof some time back. That one did leak, :eek:

It proved fatal for the ceiling!